1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC HT series obsolete?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by alanfcross, Apr 28, 2005.

1. alanfcross

alanfcross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I see that the NEC web site (www.necvisualsystems.com) does not mention the HT series, though the HT1100 is being sold in the UK.
    Has this series (limited though it was to the HT1000 and HT1100 AFAIK) hit the dust, does anyone know?

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,117
    Hi Alan,

The HT1100 replaced the HT1000, so the HT1000 is no longer in production but the HT1100 still is (according to UK sellers and Projector Centrals listing).

Pity really, because I think the HT1000 has a better scaler/deinterlacer (Faroudja), and is more tweakable. The HT1100 had a new colour wheel to correct the lamps lack of red, and although this increased the CR, I think you can tweak more out of the HT1000 using a lens filter then you can the 1100.

Great value second hand though. :)

Gary.

3. alanfcross

alanfcross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gary,

The way you talk it's almost as if you have one to sell! ;-) We are tempted (my photo club and I), but we are concerned about warranty as we are spending the club's (other people's!) money. I know yours has a bit left on the warranty, but that's running out fast. I like the spec, and the option that it will run a slide show through the PC card slot (can you confirm?)

4. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,117
    Hi Alan,

It does have a slide show function ('viewer) using a PCMCIA type II slot, and I have an adapter for the slot that allows you to use SD cards - I bought it for firmware upgrades but never used it.

It now has about 11months warranty remaining.

You could always buy a cheaper projector with a better warranty and use a basic PC as the image source if video playback isn't a necessity - NEC do some good pjs with 3 years waranty for £1300 and under.

Gary.

5. alanfcross

alanfcross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need XGA DLP with an image card, so I'm looking at the NEC LT-245, the Plus U4-237, and the Infocus LP600. Anyone got any good or bad words on any of these?

6. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Alan

I have just supplied an NEC 245 to a professional photographer and he is well pleased with it. I checked it out before he picked it up and was suitably impressed.

Jeff :rtfm:

7. alanfcross

alanfcross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jeff,
    I'd love to be able to talk to the pro photographer you mention. I know you can't (or shouldn't) give me his name or contact details, but if he could contact me (if he wishes) that would be good (alan@alanfcross.com).
    Also I'd like to know of the possibility of a pre-sale demo with you. I'm buying for a club, so I'm answerable to a whole gang of people, not just myself. Could I have your off-line contact details?