NEC CromaVision MODEL: FS68V81S

D

Dragster

I have one of these TVs and wanted to get into the Channel tuning, I went to menu and could not access the Install menu, When I highlighted the Install menu the Ok Access option dissappeared, can you please help me out on how to get into the install menu.

Thanks.

Sorry To double post. Is there no possible way of getting into the tuning onto this TV without going into the install menu?

please does anyone have a clue on what's wrong?

Hi Dragster,

I'm not aware of any NEC tv's (other than plasma or PC monitors) being available in the UK.

I don't think there's anyone on these forums who owns one of these sets, so I'm afraid we might not be able to help. :confused:

This is an old question but having come across Dragsters problem in your forum while trying to solve it myself I post an answer should another frustrated NEC user chance to look it up. The NEC CromaVision is tuned only by using the remote (NEC RD-D90). Select "menu" which throws up the Install option. Unlike using the button on the set itself the remote will give you a list of options to choose. Select auto set up with the arrow keys and "Picture/OK" button...sit back and watch the set do its stuff. If you have no remote you are snookered. Replacement remotes are available though through NEC. Hope this helps.

This is what you do: It is called hotel mode.
Make sure the main power is on and the TV in stand by mode.
Press Operate, then Delete, Move, Skip and Operate. Then turn the TV on again. Presto! It works!
I found this in another forumn. I have had the exact problem and found that it started happening after I installed a set top box. It still happens if I select the AV channel for the STB, and each time I have to do the above procedure to get access to the setup menu.
Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom