1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC ADP-CV1 cable

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by LotusElan, Nov 4, 2003.

1. LotusElan

LotusElan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +166
    Hi!

Having had some useful feedback already from you guys, perhaps you can help me again!

Trying to find somewhere that I can buy a ADP-CV1 adaptor (preferably here in the UK!) to hook up my NEC VT45 to a progressive scan DVD player. Can't seem to find anywhere that ships this cable for less than £50-60 at the moment. Most the US sites I've seen won't send the cable to the UK.

Any ideas?

Thanks once again!

2. fomoria

fomoria
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hello,

I also have the VT45 and use a standard 5 BNC to HD15 cable which I got from a computer mail order shop for about £18 a few years back - I can't remember which one, but have seen a number since on all the popular ones. Just connect up the red, green and blue BNC connections to the component cable using some adapters from CPC ( about £12 in total ) and off you go. I was truly astounded by the reduction in screen door by the change to component.

3. LotusElan

LotusElan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +166
    Thanks for that, appreciate it!

And now my next lazy/cheeky question is - where's a good place to get a cable nowadays? I tend to get most my stuff from Dabs, but I'm open to suggestions!

I'm currently driving the VT45 using an RGB SCART to the 15-pin SVGA input - I'm going to be interested to see how much difference moving from RGB to component makes.

4. fomoria

fomoria
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

I have had a quick look on dabs without a great deal of luck, but found one on ebuyer.com for £12.64. the Quickfind code is 28640.

They do not seem to sell the adapters that i needed to connect this cable to the RCA terminals on the component cables. You will be able to find all the adapters you desire at cpc (www.cpc.co.uk ), as well as good quality cables for component signals(as recommended elsewhere on these forums - thanks).

personally, i purchased cables (cat. No. AV0203166), phono socket adapters (CN0194366) and BNC-BNC female adapters (CN0685366) - three of each, and it worked like a charm with the HDDB15-5BNC cable. :clap:

Hope it all goes smoothly for you wherever you buy,

Kevin.

5. LotusElan

LotusElan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +166
    Ah Kevin, you're a star!! Thanks!

Just spotted a 15-pin to 3 RCA cable at Keene for £25, which is also going to be another option.

Did you just plug all your bits together and go? I'm just wondering if there is anything hidden within the official NEC ADP-CV1 hoojah (such as in-line resistors), or whether it's just a straight through pin-to-pin connection.