1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nec 9pg+

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by stratman, Feb 7, 2002.

1. stratman

stratman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently aquired the old NEC 9PG that was used at work and would like to change it from ceiling mount to desktop mount. However during the installation at work somebody removed the feet from the projector, so I am wondering if anybody out there knows the thread sizes for the feet so I can make some more.

Regards, Simon.

2. simon69

simon69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I too have a NEC 9PG+. At the moment it is on a coffee table on a small platform to allow the air to circulate from the fans etc. I bought it from some one who had it from new and they carnt remember any feet being on it.

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    The 6PG I have here has M10 threads and I can't believe othe 9 would be bigger. they are about 50mm long when screwed right out.

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    6 and 9 are same boxes. Should be size Roland says...So, you've fallen to the dark side my friend...NEC....mmmmm

Gordon

5. stratman

stratman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info guys, I have got some bolts that fit the holes and will allow me to finish setting the projector up on the trolley I have built. The bolts I have got will let me adjust the angle the projector is at as I can't have it on a normal height table, I am figuring on having the projector raised by 12 degrees and having the screen angled by the same amount to get the distances right for the setup.

Regards, Simon.

6. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Most CRT prjectos are set so that they hit the middle of the screen at between 10 and 12 degress. From what you have said this is an additional 12 degrees. Make sure your screen is dead tight or you will have problems focusing.

7. stratman

stratman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Roland,

My plan is to angle the screen down by the same number of degrees to compensate so the angle of incidence for the projector will be the same as if it were mounted horizontally.

Regards, Simon.