1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC 9PG+ RGB sync on Green

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by stratman, Feb 25, 2002.

1. stratman

stratman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I notice from reading the specifications for the NEC 9PG+ and 6010G switcher that both have sync on green as well as the usual RGBHV. Now does this mean that I could connect up my DVD player by making up a SCART to RGB cable (3 BNC's) and simply attach the composite video out to the green signal and earth pins and therefore do away with the requirement for a sync separator/amplifier. Also are RGB SCART sockets on TV's bidirectional, i.e. is there RGB output as well as input.

Regards, Simon.

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,808
    RGB Scart is directional in that the sync is on composite so you need to use the composite OUT at the scart end.PIN19 earth on PIN17.

I'll check later but off the top of my head if you put a 50ohm resistor from Pin19 over to G pin you'll get sync on green that way.

Gordon

Away for my lunch now. Don't do the resistor mod till I confirm.....

3. stratman

stratman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for ther resistor info Gordon, I did a search of the forum and found a previous post where you say it is 50 Ohm. I'll get down to Maplins and give it a try. By the way what connection would you use to get the signal from terestrial TV into the projector?.

Regards, Simon.

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,808
    Terrestrial analogue TV is composite in its native form. So you can send composite to the projector.

Gordon