1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC 9PG+ mechanical setup

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by stratman, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratman

stratman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm currently in the process of finally setting up my 9PG+ and am curious as to the function of the of the set of adjustments at the end of the tubes furthest away from the front. They look similar to the centering magnet adjusters and are currently set in place with silicon.

Regards, Simon.

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    These are the stigmators. they effect the shape of the spot (stigmatisum) drawn on the screen. In most cases until a tube is replaced they should not need adjusting. (they are often called 4pole adjusters too)

If a very strong magnet is introduced then you may see some change but I very much doubt it.

To check the shap of your beam spot introduce a test pattern (preferably PC based) with a series of widly spaced dots. Use the electromagnet focus to defocus the picture and check that the spots produced are round in shape for each colour individually.

3. stratman

stratman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Roland, I won't fiddle with those then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.