1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC 9PG First Aid Kit

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by helipilot, Sep 24, 2003.

1. helipilot

helipilot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I have a GE Imager 901 (Nec 9PG) CRT Projector. The projector is terrific but spare parts are becoming difficult to get. I want to build up a small stock of spares just in case something goes wrong in the future. I instigated a similar thread over on AVS forums recently and between myself and the other NEC enthusiasts on AVS we have come up with a small list of parts and where to source them in the UK. We determined the most common faults and the components that usually need replacing. I thought this info may be useful to other NEC owners over here.

NEC 9PG FIRST AID KIT

1 STK392-040 ....................1 used for edge focus on F DRIVE, 2 used for convergence on C DRIVE
    3 1.8 ohm 3W resistors .........used as protection when STK392-040 blows on the F DRIVE. these must be fireproof fuse resistors
    1 SC4288A ........................ horizontal output transistor on DEF PWB
    1 tube of heatsink paste........used to provide heat dissipation on STK's etc
    1 DD50R ............................ power supply diode D30
    1 ERC20M-08 ..................... deflection board diode

Sources in UK

rswww.com .....................Heat transfer paste 20 ML £7.79 stock no 217-3835
    www.grandata.co.uk .........STK 392-040 £12.00 part no STK392-040
    www.bhdist.co.uk .............1.8 ohm 3w resistors £1.50 each part no 40373107
    www.dalbani.co.uk.............2SC4288A £6.55
    www.dalbani.co.uk.............DD50R £3.25

This has been a bit of a detective job trying to find the parts as NEC no longer have many of them. I have also done my best to ensure that these are exactly the correct spec parts, e.g. Sanyo STK's and Toshiba transistors, at the best possible price. I was quoted over £40 for some of the components. A modest investment now could save your projector in later years.

So far I have not managed to get an ERC20M-08 diode any ideas?

Many of these parts will also be on NEC 6PG's and NEC 10PG's