Nec 42xm2/s

Vinesh

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got experience/views on the above screen.

anyone?

Hi,

There's a lot more info over on the US www.avsforum.com It appears to be a very good screen going by the comments posted there, and it's available in the UK for just over £3000. Hope this helps.

Steve

I too am waiting to hear some views on this screen. If you search back a coupla weeks there was a thread that pointed to the American www.avsforum.com where a chap was close to orgasm in his praise of this new plasma.

Anyone seen one yet, maybe even got one? I was very close to deciding on the Panny 6 but I find the blacks TOO black and u seem to lose quite a bit of info. Was thinking maybe this was the plasma for me, but of course I'd love to hear from anyone who's seen it in action?

keef

That post on avsforum is really long!

I have seen the previous model in action and the pic was really good. Detail was spot on (Playing LOTR)

The contrast ratio of the new screen is 650:1 and brightness is 580. Pretty low figures.

There customer service and warranty is really good.

NEC Technical Helpline:
02087 523 535

NEC Pre-Sales Helpline:
01952 237 004

I hope this helps.

Would the low contrast ratio make a difference with the image quality, ie when compared to Panasonic?

Screen use:

Sky + 60%
DVD 40 %

I will be sitting about 2.7m away from the screen.

Will you see more pixel structure on a XGA plasmas?, ie when compare to std SD and Alis screens.

Hello again,

According to Ivojo, the 42XM2 has a contrast ratio of 2000:1 , not 650:1.

http://www.ivojo.co.uk/nec-42xm2s.htm

I watch my 433MXE from about the same distance as you are intending, and I don't notice pixel structure - why would it be more noticeable than on a 480 res screen where the pixels are larger? Hope this helps.

Steve

Cheers mate

Just bumping this thread as I am also interested....
They are on sale @ various UK shops.(or at least on their websites). Anyone seen one yet?

I've seen the previous model at Cymboisis and pic qas stunning.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom