1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC 42VR5 plasma interference problem

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by dazway, Feb 3, 2005.

1. dazway

dazway
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought this model and have an interference problem that I cannot identify.
    When watching analog cable TV signal I have a white box of interference that keeps running from top to bottom of the screen. I have run this analog TV signal through two turners and two AV amp's and the problems still exists. I get this same interference no matter what I watch through my AV amp (satellite, DVD, Xbox) until I remove the analog cable connection from the back of the amp and then the interference goes away. So the interference is only coming from the analog TV signal.

I've chased the analog TV cable all the way back to the outside source removing any/all potential interference points and I have also tried a second cable from source point with no luck.

Has anyone come access this type type of interference and know of a gismo/gadget that can elimate it?

This interference can only been seen on the plasma - it does not show up on a regular TV. I also get a light hum sound with it through my amp.

2. Loada

Loada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Just out of interest, which make and model of amp is it and how are you connecting things (which cables to where)?

3. dazway

dazway
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The amp's I used are the Son DAVS-300 and now the Yamaha RX-V350. I connect using composite video cable. Thor, double shielded etc..

4. lawrenso

lawrenso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Hi,

that might be you problem, use a scart-component lead as composite is the lowest quality you can get, my apologies if you are using your amp as a source switch and it only has composite. Apparently the NEC's inputs are configurable as scarts if that is of any help.

Cheers

Lawrenso

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    analogue cable is unlikely to have RGB output scart>component lead will only work for a scart output that can be set to component (YUV, Y Pb Pr)...... You can use RGB+synce usinga scart to 4 BNC cable RGBS but need RGB scart output

6. dazway

dazway
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's not the leads that are causing the problem as I have connected my panasonic Sky box using exactly the same cables and it works perfectly.

My guess is that I'm getting something extra on the analog cable and need a solution to filter it out.