1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC 42mp3 price opinion

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by siluro, Jan 24, 2003.

1. siluro

siluro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi people

I just wanted to get some opinions of some of you guys and really supose test the water so to speak. Ive got a NEC plasma-sync 42mp3 and have started to think about maybe going a difrent route for a screen

Its about 7 months old from its swapout by Nec and well looked after, i was thinkin of putting it up for sale for around £2500 inc the the desk stand, givin the quality of screen and the type of plasmas that is available for this kind of dosh, do you reckon its a fair price?

And just out of intrest does anyone know a company that buys them as, i remeber a company in wales used to and then flog em in their shop or ebay?

cheers
    lee

2. PVR

PVR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very difficult to say. New is £2900 + VAT at the moment, but personally I would never buy a second hand one unless it was substantially cheaper then a new one, i.e. 60% of new value or so.

That is just my personal view, I know that a secondhand MP2 was sold a month ago or so on this forum, so have a look for that one and check out the price.

Regards,

PVR

3. siluro

siluro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I know what ya mean about the price cos as a rule thats the way it works but £1300 is a definate no go for a sale:D

I think it was KBDVD that sold a 18 month old mp2 for £2100 so, i was kinda workin round that and as KBDVD was trying to do give a good deal but without taking a huge hit and £1300 is huuuuge loss

but cheers for the imput, anything helps

lee

4. siluro

siluro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone got anymore advice:)