NEC 24WMGX3 Settings?

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by Westfield, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Westfield

Westfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +196
    Hi, Is there anyone out there who has calibrated a NRC 24WMGX3 and wants to share their settings? I recently bought one of these and so far I am very happy/impressed with it. However I'm having trouble finding the optimum settings when attempting to "calibrate" it using the Lagom website and was wondering what settings other people use.

Thanks

2. Geege

Geege

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +430
    I only brought mine yesterday (excellent monitor!!) so haven't had much time to fiddle with the settings. I have turned the brightness down to 37% and contrast to 45% and the DV mode set to sRGB.

3. Westfield

Westfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +196
    Are you planning on calibrating it? If so I'd be interested in what you find.

4. witham

witham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Mine is currently enroute from OCUK and I was doing a bit of checking up on the same subject...by all accounts these numbers work too:

Brightness - 20
    Contrast - 50
    RGB - 96,94,93.3
    Colour Mode '2' (6500k) - Allows RGB access....

Let me know what you think???

:thumbsup:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  5. Westfield

Westfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +196
    Thanks, I'll give that a try :)

6. robbster

robbster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Mine turns up tomorrow :clap: So will try these settings thanks and report back

7. witham

witham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
  8. witham

witham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi, any update on your setup? :smashin:

9. robbster

robbster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Well it came today and set it up, gorgeous monitor I must say compared to my last viewsonic TN panel one. I did first try the tftcentral settings including the colour profile they had up but couldnt get on with them. Looked okish in desktop but games looked a little dark. Im no expert but looked on the lagom lcd test website and found that it wasnt showing the blacks correctly in the black test.

Anyway I went with what geese recommended and must say I find these better if still a little bright (will give them a couple of days to get used to).

dv mode srgb
    brightness 36
    contrast 45
    sharpness 25
    through mode and illuminance sensor off

How are you finding the settings witham?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  10. witham

witham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi, the |OcUK setup arrived today, have been tuning the LCD setup almost inline with your readings, I found that the stock 100% brightness was a tad cruel to the eyes so I have been trying various options from 25 to 45...will monitor the monitor!!! Lovely bit of kit aint it and not a dead pixel to be seen.. :smashin:

11. robbster

robbster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    It is very nice yes. Let me know how you get on with your settings :clap:

Ive found these settings great in the desktop but am now finding them maybe a little dark in games. Could just be that im just used to the washed out look of the TN panels and need time to adjust.

Also I bought a new 4830 graphic card today so hopefully it will play the few games I do play in the monitors native res :)

12. witham

witham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Ok, 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870's here with crossfire...and yes I agree the desktop setup is marginally too dark for COD4. :thumbsup:

13. robbster

robbster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Ok so set up my new graphic card and im finding now the colours in games just fine. Also it could just be me but the imagine quality seems better aswell. This is coming from a geforce 6600gt

14. Scoop007

Scoop007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi,

The settings im currently using where found on a european website. I havent tried any others out, here they are: brightness between 20-30, contrast 49, sharpness 25.8, r=90.5 g=88.9 b=83.8. The dv mode i am using is STD-1.
    I was wondering how people manage to change the rgb values when they are using srgb dv mode?

For the monitor itself: Brilliant! I have just upgraded from a hp w2207h tn panel. Viewing angle is so much better, the colours are another level (hard to explain why but everything just seems better coloured).
    Now for the gaming: I play alot of games, but my main game is ut3 instagib. This is very fast paced game, also i dont want to be big headed but i am really good at it too, mostly coming first by a large margin. i play under the name Silver.Rizla if anyone else on here plays. Whilst playing this the last couple of nights, i have been made up with the picture quality. However what my major concern was, was the input lag on non these panels. Well i have found that the only thing that has kept my frag count down is the difference in resolution and screen size. i turned my sensitivity up a little and all seems as responsive as my last screen (this is using through mode).
    It seems atleast for the input lag is so small it hasnt changed anything. If it is changing my performance then it is so small i cant notice.
    I may have been lucky with connections better than usual, so i will post back in a week or two to comfirm if my opinion of the input lag is the same.
    Ghosting, this is a pretty subjective matter. My opinion, it does have a little bit of ghosting that i never had on my last monitor (all lcds have a certain amout of ghosting thats always there, im talking about major split second instances of it, if that makes sense?). To me this is noticeable but not a bother, i only really notice it when im looking out for it, or every now and again ill notice it for a split second wothout looking (normally during dark scenes).
    The mp mode does seem to work, it does give everything a feeling of being a bit smoother. The expense being ths screen going dimmer, i just put the brightness up to somewhat counter this. Its not a major impact, however im glad i can choose this option. Im guessing ill only really use this when im playing ut3, as i think on the slower paced games it really isnt needed. The flicker that the mp mode causes is only a concern for me when i go to title pages or menu options where it is quite obvious and will give me eyes strain, when i go back into game i dont notice it at all, except for when i get fragged, the screen flicker is real noticeable everytime i respawn, but not a problem for me.

So all in all, i am very pleased with this monitor. Gaming wise i prefer this monitor over my hp w2207h. It seems better in all repects except for some slightly noticeable ghosting, but to me this is only a tiny amount more and the other features of the monitor far out weigh this.
    Picture quality wise it is a class ahead of my last monitor, i may be being biased, but i also think it as a better picture quality than my friends dell 2407wfp a04.

15. RoEy

RoEy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The monitor ghosts like mad in CSS. I'm taking mine back for full refund.

RoEy