1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nebula TV Card won't install!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by MadaCup, Sep 4, 2004.

1. MadaCup

MadaCup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Having many problems with one I picked up on ebay today. Not entirely sure what more I can do now.

I install the latest software ok, shutdown the computer. Install the card, boot into windows. Then when I come to install the drivers, windows hangs on the nebvideo.sys file every single time. Just stops and the only way to rectify it is to restart holding down the power button.

I have tried installing it in safe mode, the drivers install fine, but when booting back into normal windows it hangs while the bars go accross the screen in the same way as when installing the drivers.

I have tried everything! Old versions of nebula etc etc and I just cannot resolve this. I formatted my computer trying to get it to work, I have even tried to install it on my mums computer and the same thing happens. What the hell is up with this thing :rolleyes:

2. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    What are the specs of the machine you are installing this into? Is the machine's OS uptodate? Could it be something to do with the graphics card?

Did the drivers come with the card, or have you downloaded them from Nebula's website.

I don't own a Nebula, but experienced a nightmarish time installing my Avermedia DVB-T card under XP.

3. MadaCup

MadaCup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Its under XP using SP1 on both machines. I have downloaded the drivers from the nebula site, including the latest and the original build and both suffer from the same problem. I am begining to think it may be the card itself. I really have exhausted all avenues that I can think of hence the desperate plea on here and the dvd forums :)