1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nebula/Sweetspot price differences

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Ray, May 12, 2005.

1. Ray

Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi,

Trying to decide between the Nebula PCI card and Sweetspot MCE. I've read all the various threads from products users and both products have their supporters.

Couple of things though.

1. Is there any tech info on the Sweetspot MCE ? The page here
    doesn't give much info at all. Or is it buried somewhere else on the pluggedin site ?

2. The Nebula (plenty of good info and tech details here ) is £100 and the Sweetspot £74. Any good reason for paying £26 more ?

I know there is the MCE compliance bit but I haven't got MCE at the moment so that's not an issue for me.

Any pointers would be great.

Thanks

Ray :thumbsup:

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    The thing with the nebula is the software. Its generally regarded as being about the best PVR solution out there in terms of ease of use and reliability.
    However if you intend to use the sweetspot MCE with MCE ( and why wouldn't you) it all boils down to whether you want a fully MCE integrated solution or not.

If you have no intention of going MCE then I'd have to recommend you bite the bullet and buy the nebula. I've used one for years and I have to say its been brilliant.Watching it now in fact.

3. stuartmc

stuartmc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It may also be worthwhile pointing out that the Black Gold DVB-T card has dropped in price to just £59.00 inc VAT with effect from the first of the month.