Nebula software now talks to BDA cards

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by HiZ, Jan 3, 2007.

1. HiZ

HiZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    From Nebula's website "From version 3.7 onwards, the DigiTV application supports both Nebula Electronics tuners and fully BDA-compatible 3rd-Party Digital TV tuners."

Can anyone confirm this is true...and works!?

MHEG, audio description, EPG, stream and program recording....... in a decent free package. HD!!???

2. Stanphink

Stanphink
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried it and it does work, but It's not free. You get a short evaluation time, then you have to cough up.

This quote from the website is very interesting though:

If the "total home entertainment suite" is as good as the tv only digitv, then it will be a very good alternative to MCE.

3. PeteD64

PeteD64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    I wonder if the BDA version of the app will work with the Nebula card using their BDA drivers.

I've got the Nebula card running with Meedio using the BDA drivers, mainly because it gives me one interface for everything. The downside is I lose features like client/server, teletext & radio.

I'll have to have a play to see if I can run both the Nebula application & Meedio.

ps. don't hold your breath waiting for the "total home entertainment suite", it's been on the to do list for a long while.