1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nebula questions

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by r47463, Jul 3, 2003.

Tags:
  1. r47463

r47463
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking about getting one of these as they sounds quite good. I would like to use it for recording programmes and music videos while I am away from my computer and archive to DVD-R. How is the quality of the video when watching live and once recorded? Is the MPEG format used DVD compatible, and if so how much video can be put on without encoding the video? I'd be interested to hear pros and cons from any users out there.

2. EffTee

EffTee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi r47463,

The Nebula website has some good info on the card.

I'm very pleased with mine. Off air quality is very good, with recorded quality being identical (as far as I can see). I think the recordings are directly from the MPEG 2 stream, so there is no degredation in quality. I'm assuming there is no problem with burning this to DVD, although I've not tried it myself.

It's also very stable - unlike Hauppage products! I find the DigiTV software very easy to use and set-up.

EffTee

3. RIG

RIG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The Mpeg streams produced are DVD compatible after they have been converted to program streams using software like PVAStrumento. 4:3 recordings from BBC channels and FIVE are centred on a 16:9 frame so preferably you need DVD authoring software that can handle pan and scan streams.