1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nebula Freeview to DVD recording

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by ukaudiophile, Oct 1, 2004.

1. ukaudiophile

ukaudiophile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Hello,

I'm looking for some advice. I'm looking at putting a Nebula PCI card in a Shuttle type case with a DVD RW drive to make a hard drive DVD recorder. At a later date I may install a Sweetspot card in for recording in RGB from my Sky DigiBox. What I'm wondering is transferring the recordings from HD to DVD.

I know the Nebula records in MPEG II, but does anything need doing then to transfer this to DVD or is it basically drag and drop into something like NERO? Is there any further formatting or recoding required.

I'm looking at this from a user friendly point of view, I want something easy enough for my wife to transfer a recording from HD to DVD if necessary. I'll probably have a user friendly front end like X-Lobby on the machine.

Thanks in advance for any assistance or advice you can supply.

Best wishes,

Dave

2. X-Factor

X-Factor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The latest version of the software allows recording to dvd type mpegs as far as I'm aware you just drag it into a Nero dvd project and burn it.

3. Donnacha

Donnacha
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,416
    It does work in the latest version. The new version has 2 options, either record normally and then convert to DVD format (tools supplied) or record directly to DVD format, so you van then pull into nero. this way hasn't worked for me yet-I've had to convert using the tools and then pull into Nero. After that, you burn away!!!

I'm sure its not as simple as burning direct to a stand-alone DVD recorder but you get there in the end!!!