1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nebula DTV cards, PCI or USB.

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by GrahamC, Dec 11, 2003.

1. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    I would be grateful if forum members could part with some pearls of wisdom on this DTV card/box. I am in mind to go for the USB type. Does this type far as well on the recording front as PCI.

Thanks Graham. :confused:

2. Pootle

Pootle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Must admit, I'm not a big fan of USB for this sort of thing, as I've noticed that even a USB mouse gets a bit hiccupy at times if Windows is busy, which would give you jerky playback, or even dropped frames.

Unless you got a real problem with the PCI version, I would defintely recommend this in preference to the USB version. The PCI bus is MUCH faster, and uses much less machine resource to run than USB.

3. triplebj

triplebj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you already read the very information comparison on Nebula's website ?

http://www.nebula-electronics.com/products/usbpci.asp

I'd agree with them that if you have multiple computers or are not comfortable messing around with a PCI card, go USB, otherwise I'd stick with the PCI version.

/BJ (very happy Nebula PCI customer)

4. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Thanks chaps I think I will go for the PCI. I had read the comparison BJ but thanks for the link. Trouble with it is it's basicaly a comparison on theroretical through puts and not actual user experiance. (e.g. drop frames over USB).