1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nebula DigiTV - What's the remote code ?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Tempest, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Tempest

Tempest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,256
    Ahhhh, unless I'm being particulaly dim here............

Just installed the nebula digitv card and thought would try the remote, but being a universal one it needs a 4 digit code before it knows how to control any device.

And where is the code??????? Nowhere !

Does anyone know what code you need for this remote ?

Thanks'

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    It should be in the help topics.
    I'll have a look in a minute and see if I can see it.

First-Time Use

When unpacking the remote control for the first time, you should put the batteries in and follow these instructions to set it up for DigiTV:

Press the VCR button and make sure that the red light under it comes on when pressed.
    Press and hold the MAGIC button. The VCR light should flash once, then twice.
    Release the MAGIC button.
    Key in the code 0033. The VCR light should flash twice more.

Your remote control has now been programmed and is ready for use with DigiTV!

3. Tempest

Tempest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,256
    Many thank's Mr D

If only they'd have put this info in their installation instructions.

All working now.
    Thanks

Apart from this I can't yet fault the product
    Mind you, only just installed it at the moment.

4. fil

fil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Tempest,

I was in the same boat, card came yesterday and the instructions say to press 2 buttons "many,many times" and to "please be patient", so I did this for about 45 minutes until I was no longer patient, and checked Nebulas website, where it does actually give instructions to programme the remote for specific use with Nebula. I hate it when companies cant be bothered to ship information to customers, wasting hours of (my) valuable time. First black mark to Nebula.

My next problem is that it wont tune in to the signal, so I've asked an arial installer to come out and investigate the problem, I'm gonna be one seriously unhappy bunny if I've had to pay a call out if the problem is with this card. I will have to wait till next Tuesday before they can come and check signal strength, aerial, etc. The reason I am concerned that it may be the card is that when I close down Digitv a window pops up saying that Digitv has encountered a critical error and must shut down, (which is what I'm doing anyway). If anyone has experienced this problem, I would much appreciate any advice.

fil.

5. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    To be fair guys the remote programing instructions are in the online help you get with the digiTV software.

This is common practice these days with computer componenets. I can't remember the last time a bit of hardware arrived with a hard-copy manual.

I actually prefer it this way 90% of the time and it does save trees after all!!

6. Tempest

Tempest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,256
    Hi Fil.......

Yup, is annoying, I did try that press the button many times for a couple of mins then thought sod this I'll ask, as many people have got the units, someone's bound to know.
    Their instructions up to this ommision were fault free.

I'm sure if we email them about this, they will add it onto their installation instructions.

Well, I must be lucky as I installed the card, installed the software and run it, it tuned everything in by itself 1st time, and I have about:

80% signal strength
    24db SNR
    0.01 BER

I assume the BER is supposed to be low ?

I'm getting no interference on the image.
    This is with an old standard arial, albeit a large/long one. Bought from B&Q actually for low reception areas a few years ago.