1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nebula DigiTV: suggestions for output cards?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by sp0, Aug 31, 2003.

1. sp0

sp0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Nebula DigiTV card (thanks to the many recommendations on this forum) and would now like to drop the PC into a existing high-end cinema system as an additional source.

I would welcome suggestions on what output cards to buy.
    I will not be playing games or watching DVDs on this particular PC, so I want to optimise around output of recorded programmes from DigiTV.

1. Component video. I want to send Nebula DigiTV recordings to a Barco CineVersum projector, probably using YUV. I have read that the Sigma Design X-Card is good but has its own hardware decoder which does not like Nebula files; and others seem to recommend the ATI Radeon cards... but I am confused about which offer optimum component video output. Suggestions?

2. Audio. I want to send SPDIF digital output to a Meridian 561 controller. Suggestions on sound card? Anyone using Nebula with SPDIF output?

Thanks for any advice.

2. bis96gw

bis96gw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Why not just use a dvd writer and then burn the programmes to DVD? Then you can play back on what is presumably a decent dvd player and will be far higher quality.