1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nebula DigiTV over DVI on HS10..

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by John_N, May 8, 2003.

1. John_N

John_N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

My HS10 is still behaving itself perfectly after that one false start at 10 hours. I've now done 120 hours with not a single problem so I think my HS10 will be staying after all.

Anyway. I've just stopped watching TV via my old video recorder and moved into the digital age, using the Nebula DigiTV terrestrial digital tuner card in my HTPC, feeding the TV image to the projector via the usual Radeon / DVI combination.

Just thought you would like to know that the image quality is superb. I'm very impressed. Quality of TV channels is now more or less indistinguishable from DVD. I'm not experiencing "blockiness" or any compression or edge artifacts that I thought I might. Overall. Fantastic.

Anyone thinking of feeding TV images onto the big screen should seriously consider using this in a HTPC.. This is literally the best TV picture I have ever seen (set top boxes included).

:)

J

2. Julia

Julia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John_N,

It sounds good... :) Please can you paste the shortcut where you bought it from?

Thanks,
    Julia

3. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Have you compared the nebula to captures sky via dscaler?

4. Underscore

Underscore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too have a DigiTV - you buy them direct from http://www.nebula-electronics.com - and am pretty impressed with the quality when projected. It depends on the channel bit-rate though and it's not quite DVD quality IMHO but it is very watchable. A great product from a responsive company.

_