1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nebula DigiTv - Analogue VHS to DVD ?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by munkeenuts, Feb 28, 2005.

1. munkeenuts

munkeenuts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all,

I have ordered one of these cards after reading all the reviews about it on here. One quick question: If i connect the aerial out from my VHS to the input connector on the Nebula, will I be able to record my old videos to DVD format.

Anyone tried it? If so what were the results

Cheers in advance

2. mephistopheles

mephistopheles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    UHF connection woulkd work but better to connect the two via composite video. If your VCR doesn't have a separate composite out, you can use a SCART -> Composite/S-Video adapter (available from Maplin and most TV/Hi-Fi type stores.

3. Gerbil

Gerbil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    It might work, but not in the way you suggest I'm afraid. The aerial input on the Nebula is purely for it to decode the Freeview channels and pass-thru of the normal UHF signal to your Video/TV.

The only other connector on the Nebula is a composite input for which you'll need the SCART to Composite/LR Audio as stated above. Be warned there's also no audio input on the Nebula. It relies on the existing audio input socket on your soundcard/motherboard. Most Scart to composite leads have phono plugs for the audio so you'll need an adaptor with 2xPhono sockets to 3.5mm plug to get sound in as well.