1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nebula Digi TV card and MCE 2005

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by sapper, Jan 6, 2005.

1. sapper

sapper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Okay folks...

Having recently installed MCE 2005 onto my HTPC box, i know that MCe and the nebula card are not compatable.

this has been shown the case when i have searched this forum. :eek:

However what I have not found (perhasp I'm blind :rolleyes: ) is any indication of the two software packages merging!

I am loathe to spend another £100 on a goldBlack card or what ever..

If I do have to spend more dosh.... can any one recomend whats the best MCE compatable card there is?

Additioanlly what DVD playing software is currently recomended for installing onto MCE for DVD viewing? Also what about scaling software?

Now i have a definitive operating system on my machine, I am going to make my HTPC more of a HTPC rather than just a PC

Adrian

2. stuartmc

stuartmc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Afraid you are right MCE needs are very specific and the Black Gold DVB-T card is the best especially if you want to use two tuners.

MCE will play DVDs on its own but make sure you have an MEG decoder installed. Underneath MCE is a superset of XP Pro (minus the domain facility) so anything that'll run on XP will run on MCE just not within the MCE 10ft interface. This allows you to run Theatertek, Zooplayer, FFDShow or any of the other products you'll see recommened here.

For additional MCE plug-ins which increase the functionality look at http://www.battime.com/phpBB2/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=8

3. Big Adam

Big Adam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Nebula are really dragging their heels with this. Black Gold is way ahead of them in terms of compatibility with MCE.

It just so happens that I questionned Nebula today on:
    1) When the DigiTV card would be supported under MCE
    2) When their drivers would support a dual tuner setup
    3) When their hardware/drivers would support TopUpTV

The answers I had were:

1) We are currently in discussions with Microsoft with the aim of developing drivers in order for our DigiTV card and USB unit to function with Microsoft's Media Centre interface. The drivers will be Microsoft BDA compatible so will work with any compatible application software. We expect these drivers to be released within the first quarter of 2005, unfortunately our sales team cannot give a more specific ETA at the current time.
    2) We will be releasing our dual tuner software in March
    3) The TopUpTV cam is expected to be released within the next 5 months. Unfortunately, at the present time, we cannot give a more specific ETA than this.

4. sapper

sapper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Thanks.....

I may just wait for MCE drivers to be released...

Or I may buy one any way!

Decisions Decisions