Neat Petite Classic Standmount Speaker Review & Comments

Lovely review here, regardless of the tech level stuff which I find hard tk follow on speakers the sheer emotion and enjoyment of these speakers is obvious from the read. If music delivered by these speakers can be emotive and capture that for anyone else like they have for you then I'm sure they will be on to something very special.
Now I need to go find these to teat against me AE reference 1 (2010ish models).

On a sad morning for Her Majesty’s funeral, Ed’s review is a light and joyous read. Never heard any of the petite iterations, but having some Orkestras, the impact these diminutive stunners have is quite something.

Thanks

Excellent review Ed. Not heard this current version, but I did hear the Anniversary and they are were fabulous!

I was lucky to hear these speakers at the north west audio show a few months ago and for me they were some of the best sounding speakers of the show. I don't know how Neat manage to get such a big and detailed sound for their little cabinets. Great review.

Perhaps the basis of a damn fine £5000 hifi.

A Lyngdorf 1120 and a pair of BK PB12s.

Suitable for a decade or two of awesome I’d imagine.

Or chop off a grand for those who don’t need the very bottom octave and off you go; delighted and happy.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed every Neat speaker I’ve heard and they all seem to share that special foot tapping engagement that transmits the joy of the music.

I would very much like to listen to these. Also handy to have some speakers of this quality that aren’t overly tough to drive.

The only thing I don’t quite get with Neats though is that they have quite a confusing line up with quite a few options within a relatively small price bracket.

But I can forgive them for that. For our island’s increasingly small homes, Neat make some of the most relevant speakers there are.

Last edited:
From the sound of the review these would be at the top of my shortlist if I ever decided to go back to stand mounts. Would be loath to get rid of my Motive SX2s though.

Or chop off a grand for those who don’t need the very bottom octave and off you go; delighted and happy.
I can confirm that, in my experience, Neat and Lyngdorf go very well together, indeed.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed every Neat speaker I’ve heard and they all seem to share that special foot tapping engagement that transmits the joy of the music.

I would very much like to listen to these. Also handy to have some speakers of this quality that aren’t overly tough to drive.

The only thing I don’t quite get with Neats though is that they have quite a confusing line up with quite a few options within a relatively small price bracket.

But I can forgive them for that. For our island’s increasingly small homes, Neat make some of the most relevant speakers there are.

Indeed. Neat are an odd brand. In the very best way I mean, naturally.

The Iota range was a brave move for a smallish company, and it seems to have paid off.

Their command of the isobaric arrangement in the more expensive (though still financially doable, even if it takes a modest loan) ranges is also very unusual; but, again, has paid off very handsomely for them.

I’m delighted we have Neat Acoustics around.

These might well fit the bill to replace the Spendor A1s I have in my bedroom. As much as I really enjoy the A1s, I have the A7s in my main setup & it would be nice to listen to something different.
I trust they would pair well with Cyrus.
Love their look, very classy in white.

These might well fit the bill to replace the Spendor A1s I have in my bedroom. As much as I really enjoy the A1s, I have the A7s in my main setup & it would be nice to listen to something different.
I trust they would pair well with Cyrus.
Love their look, very classy in white.

That would be an interesting comparison.

The A1s being a ‘monitor’ in Spendors eyes, but no one ever claimed that description for any Neat speaker (that I’ve heard).

If you do decide to compare them, I’d be interested to hear your thoughts on the two. 👍

Just a note, the headline score shows 1/10

Just to add its the way it's being rendered on my mobile

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220920-090326.png
    Screenshot_20220920-090326.png
    507 KB · Views: 119
This is pretty much why I have been loving my Martin Logans for many years now. I wonder why there haven't been any reviews of them here yet?

From the sound of the review these would be at the top of my shortlist if I ever decided to go back to stand mounts. Would be loath to get rid of my Motive SX2s though.
Exactly my thoughts as an SX2 owner!

Great review.

I’ve got their bigger brothers - The Iota Xplorer. Same tweeter but they have the isobaric bass drivers.

Utterly stunning. So so musical. No harshness, I happily listen to mine for hours on end. Amazing soundstage too. And those isobaric bass drivers go very low.

Pic of mine. Taken the day I moved in to the new house hence why it looks a bit bare.

Rob

2760D864-57F8-4838-B6D6-12CCBF93B06A.jpeg

Great review.

I’ve got their bigger brothers - The Iota Xplorer. Same tweeter but they have the isobaric bass drivers.

Utterly stunning. So so musical. No harshness, I happily listen to mine for hours on end. Amazing soundstage too. And those isobaric bass drivers go very low.

Pic of mine. Taken the day I moved in to the new house hence why it looks a bit bare.

Rob

View attachment 1755069
Does it also provide Aircon functionality for the hot summers?😂

Last edited:
Ed how child proof are those tweeters? It appears to have some kind of grill over it.

Obviously it doesn't stop small people knocking it off the stand. Any tips on child proofing speakers would also be appropriated 😅

Great review.

Rob

View attachment 1755069
The Iota Xplorers are one of the two best pairs of speakers I’ve ever heard (to my taste). So I look at your picture with a certain degree of envy!

The other ones were some Paradigm standmounts with a high end sub.

But Neat have consistently floated my boat over the years. Thanks for sharing the pic. Not that it helps my bank balance!

i really didn't get the lyngdorf with a lot of speakers

Ed how child proof are those tweeters? It appears to have some kind of grill over it.

Obviously it doesn't stop small people knocking it off the stand. Any tips on child proofing speakers would also be appropriated 😅
blu tack for starters and fill your stands with sand or something else

Great review.

Rob

View attachment 1755069
they look really cool but why so close to the rack?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom