Nearly Time To Choose

Mark2260

Novice Member
Hi All,
So today sky Q was cancelled and now i need to choose the successor. Ive been watching the Arris free sat thread with the ups and downs so not sure there, I dont really want to buy a new tv as im happy with my old plasma so a box seems the best idea, I would like a recording function and something as nippy as a sky box with the ability of having netflix and now tv in there along with catch up, I believe the you view boxes have this ability, has any one used the you view box from BT?, have 4 weeks till the sky is turned off.

Thanks

TJT1

As you have posted in the Freeview section, have you actually considered Freeview via an aerial as a viable option? All the catchup stuff etc. can be obtained by dongles such as the Amazon Firestick etc.

Mark2260

Novice Member
Hi,
Im not to fussed over which, I just want something that will work smoothly, but there are many mixed reviews, Im having a new aerial fitted with new cabling and most likely a new dish receiver to cover all bases. Reading some reviews it seems the you view has the better epg (faster, smoother?), i can pick them up on ebay cheap Humax DTR-T2100, bt will supply one for the £10 entertainment package similar to the now tv i have to trial, again reliability and usebility is what im after whether freesat, freeview or you view im open to any recommendations..

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony XH95 TV, Klipsch The Fives Speakers & Bias Light Reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom