1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nearly there

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by emmaroids, Nov 13, 2004.

1. emmaroids

emmaroids
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys & gals

I have been reading this forum for several weeks now and I am slowly getting my head around all the technical jargon but I need your help to put the final touches to my new system when I get it.

I have changed my mind so many times, but now I think I have chosen a nice little package that I can fit into my budget.

There are a couple of question I would like to ask the experts, so that I can put my mind at rest and chill out for a bit knowing that I have all the answers that will help me set the system up.

The equipment I have chosen is as follows,

Panasonic TH-42PW7B
    Denon AVR-1905 Dolby Digital & DTS AV Receiver
    Panasonic DMR-E85EB DVD-RAM Recorder
    MISSION FS1-6.1AV NXT HOME CINEMA SPEAKER PACKAGE
    Alphason AG94/2S Universal Support

I have a budget of just over £3600 for everything so if there is something different to the above package that you think is better for the same money I am open to suggestions. This is my first home cinema system so I will be able to upgrade when I want to.

All I will be connecting to the system is sky+ and a xbox and obviously the equipment above.

My first question is what terminal boards will be required for the pw7? (the denon has 3 component inputs and one out to monitor)

What would be the best way to connect it all together? (please explain in idiot English!!!)

What leads and other bits of equipment would be required?

Any help you can give me will be very much appreciated

many thanks in advance. :) :) :) :) :)

2. emmaroids

emmaroids
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    come on people please help there are only a few questions. :) :) :) :)

3. AV Junky

AV Junky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Yes, but ones which have been answered many-many times before. If you do some searching first, then people will be more willing to help you on your final choices.

Don't forget that this is the kind of advice which the professionals get paid for providing, so it's only fair that you do some of the work first before asking them for comments.

Have a look at some of the threads on connecting up PW6 plasmas. The connections are the same, in your case.

4. Yorkieblade

Yorkieblade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To be fair to emmaroids this is a forum so people who have similar setups can exchange information freely!!!!
    Most members on here are very good in doing that, I am not technical enough to comment at the mopment. But when I get my setup I will be doing exactly the same , then the knowledge and experiance that you get from it will then be passed on freely to others memebers no problem.
    People can go to a professional place/engineer if they so wish and pay and get peice of mind maybe??

So come on lets help each other freely, if the profesionals don't want to part with that then we have to question there input into this forum.

May I say there are lots of experts/ profesionals who post on here, have been very helpful and forthcoming with information!!

Yorkie

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    May I point out that it seems you are about to ignore all they have told you.