1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nearly decided!!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by rosbif, Oct 7, 2003.

1. rosbif

rosbif
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am nearly there at a decision however could somebody just clarify (I can't seem to find details in the online brochures). FOr the Panny 6;

1) Does the scart terminal board have more than one scart on it? I understand it gives three but the picture only seems to show one...

2) Does it support progressive scan for PAL and NTSC? Does the Hitachi do the same? Am thinking I will need a new DVD soon and would get PS when I did...

TIA

2. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    1. There are 3 blank slots of which two are capable of taking a scart board (each board has one socket - hence common use of Quintro switcher or equivalent).

2. Yes (Hitachi too but Panny is much better!)

3. rosbif

rosbif
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply Liam - just the man I wanted to talk to too...

Was planning on coming up to see you in about 2 weeks as I really need to see the Hitachi next to the Panny. Am thinking that I will go for the latter but I really need to be sure...

I will probably arrange a trip up for the 21st (the opposite of a booze cruise I guess). Shall I contact you nearer the time to check stock? I would be looking for something remarkably similar to the offer you had on the PW6B last month :D I understand I may be able to see it against the 400e Hitachi?

Will talk to you nearer the time (or do you want me to arrange it now?)

TIA
    Adrian

======================
    Just a reminder - please contact industry reps etc direct via PM or Email for this sort of thing.
    Thanks
    Codlord (moderator)
    =======================