• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Nearly completed my room - Advice needed

mikeinmk

Hi,

I have been reading this forum for a while and have been physically and mentally spending a lot of cash after seeing some of the setups here to kit out my place.

I hope to have some pics up very soon once I have finished my living room.

I am looking to purchase a reciever with 2 HDMI outputs to replace my current all in one system and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations from experience.

Thanks
Mike

Bartholin-01

Standard Member
I'dd Like to help you out, i need some info first though.

Whats your budget?
Do you need speakers too? or do you already have the once you intend to use? - in that case:
What speakers do you have?
Size of living room? - Maby a picture?
What else do you expect from your receiver? Design, power or both?

Good luck on your project man ;)
Looking forward to the result :D

mikeinmk

Thanks.

Yep will post to AV Amplifiers and Receivers Forum at AVForums.com also, so many forums, missed that one.

Thanks, Iccz, Bartholin-01, SteveCritten.

In anser to Bartholin-01.

I'dd Like to help you out, i need some info first though.

Whats your budget?
Around £1000 for the receiver

Do you need speakers too? or do you already have the once you intend to use? - in that case:

Will need speakers, I have speakers for my all in one that I am use for a while but I will buy speakers for the new reciever. Not sure the ohms etc of the current speakers but they will have to go.

What speakers do you have?
Speakers are out of a seperate budget to the receiver, spend no more than £1000 on speakers depending on the reciever spec 5.1 7.1 etc.

Size of living room? - Maby a picture?
Room is approx 4 metres by 5 metres long with screen on the 4 metre wall.

What else do you expect from your receiver? Design, power or both?
I would like an nice looking box but to be honest it will most likely endup in a cupboard never seen. Would like hdmi 1.4 for 3D. No less than 4 hdmi in and 2 out, power around 85w or more, 5.1, or 7.1 would be great, streaming not needed as I use PS3 for this.

Fitted remote control curtain rail today, neary done. ack to escape from Alcatraz on the big screen :eek:)

Pics next week

Cheers,
Mike

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom