nead help Scart to Component

SLIM

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Ok guy's can you help me out i have a lcd screen and the rgb scart is :censored: and im looking @ running my sky in to it i wont to know am i able to use a Scart to Component lead and if so should it look good are will it be crap ?.

I can highly recommend the JS-Tech converter as I have used both the RGB>VGA & RGB>YUV in the past. They are expensive but do give the best possible PQ compared to the cheaper versions.
There are scart to YUV leads available as some (but only a very few) bits of equipment can accept YUV component via scart. The Netgem iPlayer Freeview box does output YUV over scart and a few Lowe TVs can accept YUV via scart (probably a few others as well but these are the only ones I know about). But these are the exception to the rule and in all other cercumstances you will need a converter such as those from JS-Tech.

Mark.

I was looking @ this one click here
ScartaufRGB.jpg

I wont to run the scart plug from sky then the RED GREEN BLUE go in to the back of my lcd screen

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Yes, as I said the cables do exist but wont work to connect a Sky RGBs scart output to a YUV component input on an LCD screen. Sky would need scart to 4 phono cables and the LCD screen would need to be able to accept RGBs via its YUV input (menu configurable maybe?).
The cable you have linked to would work with the Netgem or Lowe I mentioned above or with any equipment that works with RGsB equipment, but NOT Sky.

Mark.

So i nead some thing like this.

SCART TO 4 PHONO RGB TTL SYNC (C2RGB OUT)

High quality scart to four phono plugs. Gold plated connections.
Application: RGBs TTL sync output (syncblaster black box or RGB2C output)
SBB54.GIF

What you think

All so found this one

SCART 5 PHONO COMPONENT & AUDIO OUT OF SCART
New to the SBB range, we can now offer Scart to five RCA phono wired for component video plus stereo audio.
Available wired with the audio signal as an input or output from the scart
SBB602.JPG

The scart to 4 phono plugs will only work IF the component input on the LCD screen can be set to accept RGBs - AND ONLY IF!!!!!
But it will not carry any sound to the screen. You would need a scart to RGBs (4 phono leads) plus red & white phonos for audio - a total of 6 phono plugs.

If the component inputs on your LCD can not be configured for different input signals then the only way to get them to accept the output from a Sky box is to put the output through a converter such as the JS-Tech boxes mentioned earlier in this thread.

Mark.

A i found this dont know if its a good as a JS-T one but its £75 new and from a look on the forum £45/50 secend hand
click here

As posted in the Tevion LCD thread:

Well I've never seen the Keene converter in action so can't really say how well it works. But at half the price of the JS-Tech converter it must have compromises in performance.
At the end of the day you are trying to improve on what the RGB scart input on your LCD offers and therefore I assume that the PQ is important to you, therefore I'm afraid the advise is to buy the best converter you can and IMO that is the JS-Tech one! If you do go with the Keene converter and don't like the quality then you will need to buy the JS-Tech one and sell on the Keene at a loss, therefore it will have cost more money. But if the Keene is good enough for you you will have saved a fair bit. Decisions, decisions. This hobby is never easy but always far from cheap!

Mark.

Thank's m8

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom