1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ne1 Still playing on planetside

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by monkeyleader, Aug 27, 2003.

1. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    IVe been getting a load of house renovations done so have not been online in a while - had a gaming weekend just past and a few of us went on - oh how ive missed it, and now with the LLU capture it makes it better than just hanging around waiting for the capture... Funniest bit of the night was when one of my squad hollared out

"ive got the LLU, Ive got the LLU, Ive got the LLU" swifly followed up with "What the Hells an LLU, What the Hells an LLU"

And now Ive got me Barco 6300 those massive battles never looked so good ...

See you on there - monkeyleader on johari (TR), monkeyleader on Werner (VS)

monkey

2. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    Just bought it cheap from Ebay. I'll be setting it up tomorrow - maybe see you online sometime....

3. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    Well, installed it at 9.45pm, and finally dragged myself, very grudgingly, to go to bed at 1.35am.

And I can't wait till the kids go to bed tonight to have another go.

I'm NC on the European server.

It is still pretty confusing - the first hour or two were spent wandering around doing not a lot, but I joined a squad and had a very helpful guy (M0z) showing me the ropes.

Maybe see you on sometime? I will be setting up a VC and TR character once I've got somewhere with my current character.

4. specky

specky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm still playing it (BR15, CR1) as TR on Werner.I haven't been playing as much recently but it's still the first thing I think about when I get home....just can't seem to fit it in much at the mo...

BTW savage is still playing it as well - he plays as NC on Werner.

5. savage

savage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys

Whats your ingame name squiffy ?
    you can join our outfit if you don`t have one mate.
    Ill help you along

specky just to let you know mate 8 oclock every thursday theres a group called the hallibuts they go to konrad see

http://www.hulker.f9.co.uk/halibuts

its guys from all 3 factions on werner you set yourself up as an NC you must call your name with hallibut in it .

ive heard its hilarious if your ever bored 1 thursday .
    theres no orders as everyone is high BR or CR its just all fun they have the top scoreres from TR NC and VS all in it .

good if your bored .

OH BTW squffy im redwing ingame if you want to send me a message /tell redwing

6. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    Ingame name is... wait for it... Squiffy. :rolleyes:

I was back on last night, and was VERY frustrated. I started the game with no ammo (which is the state I left in on the last game), just as the facility I was in was taken over. So I couldn't get any ammo! ARGH!

And then there seemed to be nobody around, and no other friendly facilities for ages so I was desperately trying to find some of the enemy to kill me. :suicide:

And then when I did eventually get back on, I just couldn't seem to find out where the action was. I managed to take part in one assault somewhere, but didn't get to kill anyone.

So far, died 5 times, killed 1 person. :clown:

7. savage

savage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ahhhh typical first time stuff .

ever find yourself in a situation like that just press esc the list will come down of what you can do .

either recal to sanc which will take you to your headquarters and you can do whatever ,reload find a squad anything .
    or
    press instant action this will take you to the biggest fight your needed on (alegedly ) but it does work and you always get a fight there .

tip
    when you log off at night always recal to sanc then you alays start there next day .

as for killing guys you might have the wrong armour /weapons or something ill take a look at what you have hang on .

OK just looked youve made 1 kill im not laughing (promise) ok joking aside youve got the wrong gear
    you have hacking there is no point having that first of all you need better armour get reinforced armour thats what everyone should get first hacking and engineering come later

I don`t know the outfit your with but they don`t seem to be helping much as youve spent on the wrong stuff if you want to look for me tonight ill be on about 8 ill come and sort you out .

take a look at the webpage its a lot of help
    http://planetside.station.sony.com/

8. savage

savage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just looked at your outfit

there all pretty new apart from the odd high ranker nothing wrong with that as they might be good guys

but I don`t know if they will help you much .

even send specky a message ingame hell help you even though hes on the other side hes panther if im not about .

/tell panther

9. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    Thanks guys.

A placated wife and quiet kids pending, I'll be on tonight. :smashin:

10. specky

specky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Savage - thanks for the heads up on the halibuts - sounds like a real laugh.

Squiffy - hope you've not been put off so far - stick with it, it's really worth it, particularly if you find a decent enough outfit to play with. Our outfit uses teamspeak to communicate and it makes things a hell of a lot easier...maybe worth suggesting it to your outfit although you'll need someone to host it for you.

By all means /tell panther in game and I'll be glad to help you out in anyway I can. If you add my name to your friends list, the chat pane will tell you when I've logged on...add redwing too. I'll probably be on over the weekend.

11. savage

savage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ye sspecky iswith a VERY well organised outfit .
    and looking at your sig on OCUK your a major player with them .

well done mate

btw
    dont answer any messages from him that say where is your AMS ?
    lol

12. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    Couldn't get on last night. Wife wanted a cuddly night in front of the TV... :blush:

This weekend I'll definitely be on, and will look out for you guys. Thanks for the advice and tips.

13. savage

savage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ha ha nothing wrong with that .

this game is amazingly addictive but you have to get your priorities rightl :devil:

14. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    Hi Savage.

Thanks for the help, and especially the experience. After I recalled to Sanctuary, the power flickered off again. Grr!

So I'm giving up and going to bed.

Hope to see you on again soon!

15. specky

specky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lol....why not? I won't tell anyone.....

Well maybe my SL so he can waypoint it and point the zerg to it...hehehehe

BTW...didn't manage to get time to play this weekend sorry - I'll hopefully be on tonight or tomorrow evening though.

16. savage

savage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello guys

not had a chance to pop on here for few days .
    NP with the help squiffy anytime and that same thing happens to me as well when I recal on Werner sometimes .

Do you guys ever check out the PS forums ?
    sometimes rubbish there but sometimes its quite funny .

Specky you will laugh at this , Ive joined an outfit of 2 !!! ha ha
    I advertised in the official forums and all the usual big guns responded but 1 guy replied saying everyone had left his outfit and he was left in charge so I sent him a message and were gonna try and make it a big decent outfit .

btw squiffy you can join if you want . At the moment youll be 3rd in command ha ha

17. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    I'd be very happy to join. I'm away tonight, but will definitely be on over the weekend.

Last night was very good on Planetside. I'm definitely getting more into it, and having more success. I'm BR5 now, with Medium Assault, Reinforced Armour and Sniping as skills. I'm going to aim for a vehicle skill next, but not sure which one to try - any recommendations?

18. specky

specky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Squiffy - If you're NC, I would suggest the Vanguard. Every time I see one, I run like the wind in the opposite direction. They're particularly good for running people over.

Don't forget, if the vehicle has an enclosed cockpit then you can't use reinforced armour. Standard, Agile or Infil armour only.

19. savage

savage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes for me its all about land or air if land then Vangaurd as specky says .
    I personally love my reaver it makes the whole game faster for me as I can get everywhere fast and its very powerful but some people dont get along with flying .

If you go the land route then i would only look at the Van or Lightning the only reason I add lightning is they are very easy to drive ( vans arnt hard though) and the main thing great for 1 person .
    but vangaurd is the daddy of the NC ground stuff .

its not worth getting an AMS yet they are always needed but you want to enjoy the game a bit first then worry about support .

do you ever try the virtual reality rooms ? you can try all the vehicals in there and you get 100 points each one .

try them first mate as you might hate driving /flying some of them

BTW
    those certs are much better than the other ones good choices to start mate

20. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Well I got up to level 14 and got bored of it I am afraid.

It took way too long to get into. Not enough time to play it , I canceled at the end of my month trial and will flog it on ebay when I get the chance. One of my mates is still playing though he was on in the top 10 on the leader board on Werner last time I looked. I just dosnt have the logevity for me of something like HL (I am still regularly playing the DOD mod)

Preordered HL2 though £25 shipped on release date (30th September) from Amazon.

21. savage

savage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry to hear that mate .

I stopped playing for about 3 weeks then popped on and tried to find other stuff to like about it and liked it again they have made some changes and the expansion pack looks great .

I think joining a good outfit helps so you build up a camoradery .

I was hoping youd come back on Harris you see thats TR for ya LOL

22. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I just dont have the time that is required to play it unfortunately. To have a decent game you need to be on there for an hour - hour and a half. I was in a couple of decent outfits. But again its more time.

Its a good game and I used to love blowing stuff out the sky with my Striker. Its just there are much better games on the way that will be with us in 18days for example :)

Cant wait for HL 2 and Ream Fortress II. Going to blow PS out of the water.