NCIS and THIRD WATCH News (FX)

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Hi,

Just a quick post:

NCIS - Season 5 (UK Premiere: Starts on FX on Monday 19th May, at 9pm. Episode is repeated on Thursday 22nd, at 11:30pm, plus Saturday 24th, at 10pm, and Monday 26th, at 8pm.)

THIRD WATCH - Season 5 (Starts on FX on Wednesday 28th May, at 5pm. Episodes will be shown daily, once only. However, each weeks worth of episodes are repeated at the weekends. Times vary though, so check your usual listings guide for full transmission details. Episodes should be uncut, despite the early time-slot, as they aren't as controversial as Season 4. However, it will be interesting to see if FX do show the finale uncut, or do a late-night repeat run of the whole Season.)

Pooch

Barbara2001

I thought season 5 of NCIS started on Sunday, 18th May. I thought this was rather odd, as I am in the habit of watching it on Fridays. Must update digiguide later to see if listing has changed.

Battle

Distinguished Member
NCIS is showing on the digiguide as starting on Sunday 18th at 21.00 hrs

jamiesdad

THIRD WATCH - Season 5 (Starts on FX on Wednesday 28th May, at 5pm. Episodes will be shown daily, once only. However, each weeks worth of episodes are repeated at the weekends. Times vary though, so check your usual listings guide for full transmission details. Episodes should be uncut, despite the early time-slot, as they aren't as controversial as Season 4. However, it will be interesting to see if FX do show the finale uncut, or do a late-night repeat run of the whole Season.)

Pooch
Many thanks for the heads up,as i enjoy third watch
do you happen to know if they will be doing season 6 :)

regards

David

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Hi,

JamiesDad, Season 6 is - alas - unlikely to be shown on Channel 4 now at all. :mad: And this is inspite of numerous promises and quotes from the staff at C4 who said otherwise. :rolleyes:

However, it will be shown around May 2009 on FX :clap:, but they can't show it earlier than that, as they don't hold the rights to show it before this date. :(

Sadly, there's no news yet on whether Seasons 2-6 will get a DVD release either, in the UK or US. (The US set has some short but enjoyable extras that the UK set doesn't have. Other than that, they are identical, bar the standard NTSC or PAL formatted picture.) Let's hope Warner Bros do at least complete the series for the US market, if not the UK one. :)

Everyone else - apologies for getting the start date of NCIS Season 5 one day late. :( Thanks for the corrections. :)

Pooch

Battle

Distinguished Member
Just so you know - Third Watch actually starts on Tuesday 27th at 17.00 hrs not Wednesday and dont forget the repeat on the +2 channel

Senrap

I Just watched Third Watch but notice a run time of only 38 minutes.
Was this edited due to the afternoon slot?

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Hi,

Senrap - Possibly, although some of the episodes were shorter than the usual 42-minutes, even without censorship. However, it depends on what episode you are talking about. Most of Season 5 wasn't anywhere near as graphic as usual, and certainly nothing that I can remember that would warrant major cuts... with the exception of perhaps the Season 5 finale...! :eek: (Pooch faints: still remember from when it was on C4, and how I was left on tenterhooks wanting to know what happened next. :( )

Dave_S - NCIS Season 5, Episode 2 "Family" is showing on FX:
- tonight at 10pm (in a matter of minutes!!!)
- Sunday night at 8pm, with Episode 3 at 9pm
- Friday night at 10pm, Episode 3 again.

Hope that helps you both. :)

Pooch

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
I can confirm Third watch the 5pm showing is cut, its only minor things maybe 1 or 2 secs here or there but to me they should have a late night showing as well uncut, oh wellIll watch the rest of the series in its full uncut glory from other sources:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom