NBA 2K6 - Discussion Thread

andy_mfc

Standard Member
Hi anyone else gettin NBA 2k6 this friday. personally i cant wait to get it excellent gameplay and graphics should be a cracking game to play

Cowden_harley

i hope you ordered them online cauase thats a few quid worth of games.

davet010

Me too, but I wish it hadn't taken so long to come out over here - it was a launch day title in the US.

Got very good reviews from my pals in the US, and a lot of them are still playing it, which bodes well.

Now if only they'll release College Hoops 2k6 over here....and persuade EA to release MVP Baseball 06, because last year's Xbox version was the best baseball I've played on a console.

Moogle

Distinguished Member
davet010 said:
Me too, but I wish it hadn't taken so long to come out over here - it was a launch day title in the US.

Got very good reviews from my pals in the US, and a lot of them are still playing it, which bodes well.

Now if only they'll release College Hoops 2k6 over here....and persuade EA to release MVP Baseball 06, because last year's Xbox version was the best baseball I've played on a console.

There is going to be a 2K6 baseball released in the US soon. I think it's called MLB 2K6. There is no date for the UK and I very much doubt it will get released here. For anyone who is a big fan of American sports it's probably better to have a US machine.

GJD

davet010 said:

I really wish they'd release College Hoops over here. My Brother is at Uni in the States and follows his College Team (GW Colonials). From the clips he sends it looks great. I wonder whether the US version would work on a PAL 360?

luke_1983uk

hopefully they will release MLB 2K6 in the uk, or at least make it region free
looking forward to this one

mnty

im picking up nhl2k6 and FNR3, might pick up nba 2k6 later

mnty

luke_1983uk said:
hopefully they will release MLB 2K6 in the uk, or at least make it region free
looking forward to this one

well ive sent loads of e-mails to 2ksports about mlb2k6, doesnt look like it will be out over here, i read somewhere that australia will be getting it, if its true why are they getting it and not europe.

Starzy

Wow did'nt even know NBA 2K6 was out on Friday!. Just ordered it off Gameplay for £35 :smashin:

Will have one practice match then will be on-live let me know who wants a beating. :smashin:

davet010

mnty said:
well ive sent loads of e-mails to 2ksports about mlb2k6, doesnt look like it will be out over here, i read somewhere that australia will be getting it, if its true why are they getting it and not europe.

Aren't the Aussies the same game region as us ?

My original Xbox is a US one, which meant that I could play baseball games (MVP rather than MLB 2k5, which was severely broken), college hoops (college hoops 2k5) and NCAA Football, which is far preferable to Madden.

I'm gonna miss them - just wish EA would port MVP Baseball and NCAA Football rather than the crap which is FIFA and the abysmal NHL 06.

Dazzyman

Yea I get all me stuff mail order from Gameplay.

Im a huge USA sports fan, usually get then MLB and MVP on Xbox every year (just got the college version of MVP in last month as EA dont own anymore rights for MLB) as well but they never come out in the UK which is a shame as they have great stats and gameplay in abundance, the last 2 seasons though Ive gone and played the EA series more as the 2k one didnt improve much. I arent a fan of the college games really, Ive tried them in the past with basketball and American footy and the gameplay always seems boring for me, the new baseball was the same and actually went back to last years MVP. Ive seen shifts in NBA as well, last year was the first year I enjoyed NBA Live over 2k but its shifted again with the 06 series for NBA 2k again (I have 2k6 on xbox 1 so know it plays well).

I thought Madden on 360 was terrible and traded it last week (I havent traded a game for years) the Xbox1 version is much better but I have prefered the NFL 2k series for a long time (but 2k dont have any rights for the series now).

Australia is regarded as same territory as UK ie PAL.

davet010

Yeah, I enjoyed the NFL 2k series, except for the fact that the franchise mode was awful (although apparently fixable if you turned off pre-season games and the in-week activities...I saw Payton Manning returning kicks in one game).

Hopefully I can source the MLB series from Oz if it comes out there, but EA Sports won't release PAL version of NCAA football and MVP baseball, because they just won't sell. Unfortunately, they don't produce PC versions either.

luke_1983uk

so if MLB 2K6 is released in australia we may be able to us it on our machines

mnty

i got this from the 2ksports forum, dont know if its true they are getting it

Good to see a fellow aussie interested in MLB 2K6. I can tell you Bob Neill that I received a response to a e-mail that I sent to the Take Two office in Oz and they have said that the game will be released in Australia but couldn't give me a release date. Probable be like the other games and be out 6months after US release.

mnty

what i cant understand is if they are getting the game, then why are europe not getting the game as well. :confused:

Dazzyman

Theyve released MVP on PC every year as well including 05 (you should be able to order it still from Cdwow). Baseball and Nascar bomb in europe so they stopped selling them along time ago over hear (I remember having to pay a small fortune for Papyrus to ship me Nascar Legends direct for PC from usa).

If it comes out in Australia it will be compatible with UK, the problem we have in UK is where classed as europe though so they have to have numerous languages attached which penalises us. It really is about time with the advent of HD and 720 at 60hz that they gave us USA stuff at same time as we do understand our own language!

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
OK guys this is now the NBA 2K6 discussion thread, we're going to try and keep all discussion about this game in here. Please try and help us out by not posting new threads guys! Cheers! :smashin:

More info here...

davet010

And according to Play, it's now delayed to 28 April.

This is getting ridiculous - it was a lauch title in the US.

andy_mfc

Standard Member
gameplay still have it listed for coming out on the 31st of march. id be gutted if it does get put back a month i need a basketball game to play badly lol

andy_mfc

Standard Member
cant believe ow many times they knock this game back i need a basketball game to play. ive played the live 06 demo on 360 live and it was ok but i was just wondering does it get better as you play it anyone have any views on live 06 ? (i know it has been gettin bad reviews for camera angle/speed of game/ loss of features)

andy_mfc

Standard Member
is it just me or does it get to any1 else that we could be playin nba 2k6 this friday if 2ksports stuck to there release date :mad: thats life i suppose thou and i got fight night 3 and GRAW few days ago now to keep me occupied:thumbsup: still hope nba 2k6 gets released on 28th april

L

larzhin

played 2k6 for the first time today and i must say it was quite hard... couldn't stop the CPU from scoring even with a hand in the face...

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix (UK) for October 2022
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone