NBA 2K16

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Jsnatch, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Jsnatch

Jsnatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +150
    [​IMG]

I know alot of people are currently into NBA 2k15 so thought i would throw this thread out!

About This Game

The NBA 2K franchise is back with the most true-to-life NBA experience to date with NBA 2K16. Featuring an all-new MyCAREER experience written, directed and produced by acclaimed filmmaker Spike Lee. Guide your MyPLAYER through the complete NBA journey, take control of an entire NBA franchise, or hone your skills online competing against gamers from around the world. With animations that provide smoother movement and more realistic articulation, and a unique cover design featuring NBA stars Stephen Curry, Anthony Davis and James Harden, it’s certain to be the most authentic NBA gaming experience yet.

Pre-Order Now to receive:
    35,000 VC for NBA 2K15 (instant download)*; Digital download on Friday, September 25 (4 days before standard release on September 29); 10,000 Virtual Currency; MyTEAM VIP with 3 Emerald packs each with a guaranteed Emerald player.

*Only to owners of NBA2K15 on PC. Virtual Currency granted when launching 2K15 AFTER purchase.

Michael Jordan Special Edition
    The NBA 2K16 Michael Jordan Special Edition includes the following bonus content:

• 35,000 Virtual Currency for NBA 2K15 (INSTANT Download, Pre-Order bonus)*
    • Digital download on Friday, September 25 (4 days before standard release on September 29, Pre-Order Bonus)
    • Digital Jordan shoes for your MyPLAYER
    • Jordan T-shirt for your MyPLAYER
    • Jordan Jersey for your MyPLAYER
    • 30,000 Virtual Currency
    • MyTEAM VIP+: 3 Emerald packs each with a guaranteed Emerald player AND a new Special Edition Exclusive Moments Card

*Only to owners of NBA2K15 on PC. Virtual Currency granted when launching 2K15 AFTER purchase.

2. =adrian=

=adrian=
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,537
    I'll wait for reviews. No rush, I still have plenty of fun with 2k15*

*Well, I had until my PC died, but hopefully I'll be back up and running in a couple of days.

3. Jsnatch

Jsnatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +150
  4. Jsnatch

Jsnatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Gave in and got this for 15 tf2 keys on steamtrades (the MJ edition) it destroys nba 2k15 in terms of quality and gameplay,

Ive only touched the surface of the MyCareer, but starting off in highschool and choosing a college and then getting drafted into the NBA im busy playing my 8 rookie games to see if the miami heat will sign me. So the whole atmosphere of the "story" is alot better than 2k15, which you basically wait for the shoe deal imo. So far i know there is a shoe deal and you can also customize your "home" court.

The main deal breaker for me tho was the gameplay i honestly felt like a GOD when i got decent stats on myplayer in 2k15, never miss could basically call for the ball, set/call for a screen and score.
    in respect 2k16 has changed the screen instead of holding "B" you hold the "LB" and then choose which side the player comes to screen and if they are going to pick and roll etc, alot of the time in 2k15 the screen was useless (on the wrong side)
    Another major factor to the gameplay is size. in 2k15 if u had 80+ dunk you could be 5foot PG and dunk on a 7foot C, well not anymore the stats are capped in certain positions now and contact when dribbling/dunking etc even passing is now a modifier on the court.

The only downside i feel is the Mycareer story and its huge play on class/race war. Dont want to give spoilers but basically whatever you create your player white/asian/black/latino etc, your twin sister is black and your agent is a white guy whos all about the money and "owns" you. Oh and they still have the same voice/accent for your player. I dont remember the last time i said "what-up dawwg" and the constant use of "you feel me" etc really grinds on me.

will wait till myplayer has better stats and pulls of some good dunks etc to see what animations are in the game to add some videos!

5. =adrian=

=adrian=
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,537
    Interesting. It is getting quite bad reviews on Steam

6. Jsnatch

Jsnatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +150

Read some of the steam reviews mostly seems like angry AMD users as the game was optimised for nvidia first - only just joining team green this to me is the case for everygame so meh.

The bad story reviews i agree with, not being able to make the decisions after a 5min cutscene seems pointless but i can live with that.

One bad review i laughed at was about the pressure during free throws (camera shake) they actually think thats the game messing up and breaking haha

the rest of them seem to be about online play and servers which has plagued nba 2k from the start.

- im still doing my rookie games BUT im actually playing against nba players now and jesus the difficulty and playstyle is much tougher than the highschool/college games. Constant screens and guards looking to get open, not to mention when setting screens for my own team they actually make use of it and when they get space they score... none of the 2k15 Sh.. that your team missed open layups etc. So far the AI is leaps ahead and feels like playing against a player and all the dangers of the stars feel like it needs attention where as back in 2k15 i could basically play my way vs any team and it got repetitive.

Ill keep this thread upto date, im mostly playing in Mycareer to see what happens when i get signed, i want to compare the whole earnings and management. Then ill jump into MyGM as it seems you can do alot more now.

7. =adrian=

=adrian=
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,537
    It's good to hear that 2k16 is actually not bad. I have pretty much ruled it out after umpteenth negative review on Steam. However, I won't be rushing to buy it just yet. I'm still playing the 15 and still have not even finished the first full season in Mycareer. Only played first game of finals of the first full season so far.

As I play full 12 min quarters it takes me quite long to finish a season. I'm on 150 hours in 2k15, all of that in Mycareer - in that time I've done the initial half season, plus next season up to finals.

My guy is 90 overall and as you say, he already rules the court. I can score from pretty much any position and am unstoppable. It takes a bit out of enjoyment really when it becomes not challenging enough.

I'll keep an eye on 16 and if I can find it on a sale, I'll snatch it. Thanks for the review :)

8. =adrian=

=adrian=
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,537
    You got me thinking there ;) I can get it for £24

9. Jsnatch

Jsnatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +150
    I got it when there was some sort of price bug? most likely a steam pricing error and i managed to trade it off somebody on steamtrades for some tf2 keys... Just forgot that when i bought they keys steam puts a week/few days lock on them before you can trade > <

10. =adrian=

=adrian=
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,537
    Nice. I'm still thinking about it. I doubt it will be cheaper than that in the xmas steam sale but I'm not in a massive rush (struggling to find time for gamingat the moment) so I might wait and see.

11. Jsnatch

Jsnatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Now that diablo3 season is due to end ive been putting some time into this again.

The MyCareer i have decided to put on pause and explore the other aspects of the game, mostly MyGM and wow the changes are nice, the UI is much easier to navigate and well there alot of little changes i like such as,

• you can now list 5 players for trade,what you are interested in, or players who you will never trade.
    • You can relocate the team, this isnt just the area of where the team plays but its EVERYTHING = you can create a new name/logo/strip/court/city to where your team is from, this all gets signed off from the board and effects everything such as fan interest/ticket sales/jersey sales!
    • You have more control over pricing on everything
    • The level bonuses are better - instead of the basic 5-10-15% for say sales, you can actually get useful things such as less fatigue and convince a player to not goto free agents.

Im probs missing a few more points but thought i would give a quick update as this might go on sale in the xmas steam event!

Im also seeing a huge difference in playstyle from the previous game, i cant just run the court like a god and throw ridiculous ally oops and own a game running the baseline. Players fall over/drop the ball/trip and are easily pushed out of bounds when running baseline or just trying to dunk. Which makes posterising somebody a even bigger OHHHHH moment.

12. Jsnatch

Jsnatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Been putting some more time into this over the xmas period, Got MYcareer player alot further...

What i wrote earlier seems to be a little misleading - All above is true, the story and the weird rookie season (which you get no menu interaction just a basic play game 5 of 14) when you finish the rookie season you basically become a "player" and are free from the whole story mode.

It now becomes similar to the 2k15 mycareer - play games put levels into your attributes.
    But with a few additional features; You are at your "home court" @ your house - fully customisable, can even inv friends to come chill/ball with a Cellphone/webpage kind of interactive menu to choose Play next game, and if its a none game day you can choose "offday events" which revolve around hanging out with other nba players (unlocks items like cards/jerseys/dunk packages/etc..) or do do advertising/promotions - which gives extra VC.

My player is rated 88 now and ive become a starter for the SAC Kings, The team is pretty nice and even tho i have good stats im far from that "godlike" feeling i had in 2k15, if i run into a player regardless of stats i will most likely fumble the ball, sometimes i can do a spin move or w/e but the general physics of the collisions and the ball are more realistic you cant just cheese a spin move 1v1 the ball will go flying to the side if you collide with a player holding sprint :p

Other factors such as contact dunks, unlike the 2k15 version when as soon as you began a dunk animation you could just "push" a defender back and complete the dunk and posterize them, you actually have a fluid collision and the dunk will most likely end up as a layup or a miss, unless of course you are 90% mid air and totally own some punk trying to put some defence on you!

same kind of goes with passing, i had a few youtube vids of passes going to the target regardless when they were cutting to the basket, either the ball went through the opponents head or chest or they just didnt attempt to intercept at all. I still give far too many turnovers with this careless assumption that a pass is a pass. instead of giving it to a open player.

All in all, you kind of have a smaller godlike presence on the court which keeps the game flowing entertaining, i mean instead of knowing im going to win a game before it starts, now i actually have to concentrate on the opponents star player and shut them down as ANYBODY who is a nba star can win a game if they get hot, But yea i find myself enjoying the game even more as instead of everything just happening because i pressed pass/shoot/dunk you have to earn it with the more strict physics and i guess AI calculations, i find myself shouting OMFG, IN YO FACE or mostly GET OUT OF MY HOUSE B***H.

Because when those big dunks, blocks or posterising slams happen, or even the perfect alley oop, damn its rewarding.

13. Jsnatch

Jsnatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +150
  14. =adrian=

=adrian=
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,537
    Just bought it. After playing 250 hours of 2k15. It will be downloading all day though with my BB, so won't play until tomorrow probably.

EDIT: 2 hours and 7% into. 16 hours to go :facepalm: I love that 20th century broadband

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  15. =adrian=

=adrian=
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,537
    Is it just me or the graphics are actually worse than 2k15?

EDIT: I take it back.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  16. =adrian=

=adrian=
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,537
    "Spacing fellas, spacing!" /facepalm