NBA 2k15

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by =adrian=, Jun 17, 2015.

1. =adrian=

=adrian=
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,537
    Does anyone else play this? I bought it for a bit of laugh and I got addicted to the career mode.

2. GMC79

GMC79
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,187
    i had a play when it was the free weekend a while ago, seriously impressive. Graphics are among the best ive ever seen. Not something id buy tho it'd end up being half a dozen games played and get left alone.

3. =adrian=

=adrian=
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,537
    Graphics are really really nice I admit, but the whole thing just feels nice as well. It was maybe because I wasn't really expecting much and didn't even know there was a career mode at all, that it came to me as such a surprise and sucked me right in.

As for the subject of basketball in general, last time I was into it, was probably around 20 years ago when Jordan was still playing. Soon after he left, I lost interest. I don't know any names of current players :)

Anyway, off to play few games.

4. ClarenceWorley

ClarenceWorley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    I've put about 350 hours into this game.....and I'm still poop at it. Enjoying it.

5. =adrian=

=adrian=
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,537
    Oh I suck at it big time.

In defence they just run past me like I'm not even there. In offence I can't hit anything unless I am clear of any defenders (which is not very often).

Do you play the career mode? It is so addictive.

6. Jamezinho

Jamezinho
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,353
    The NBA2K series has been the most impressive sports game for quite some time in my opinion, going back to the beginning of the last console generation. Just so good in all areas.

7. =adrian=

=adrian=
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,537
    I must admit that it took me by surprise, never played any of the previous ones. But I agree it is very impressive. There are some glitches, but overall it was money well spent :)

8. ClarenceWorley

ClarenceWorley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Aye mate, just career mode. Keep trying different positions but still suck. Currently swap between a PG for the Hornets and a SF for the Wizards. Getting the hang of it eventually I think I manage to lead my team in scoring most games get a few dunks now and again ( oh so satisfying) but we don't win many games :)

9. =adrian=

=adrian=
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,537
    My guy is PF and it is his first season after the initial 10 day contract at Pheonix Suns. We are on 11 games losing streak at the moment thanks to the coach putting me in the starting line up... but shhhhh don't tell him ;)

Funny thing is I didn't know what position is what when I was choosing hence PF being a random choice (only knew what C is).

I play on highest difficulty level (hall of fame) and 12 min per quarter which might explain why it is hard for me. However I did get couple of A+'s for my performance so far which is not bad considering I suck.

The My Park is also good fun but I suck at it too :)

10. ClarenceWorley

ClarenceWorley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    You're far braver than I, I only play on pro or occasionally super star if I do well for a few games. But end up going back to pro when I give up loads of turn overs or let them score for fun :D Both my players are still in their rookie season but secured contracts till the end of the season. Had one PG play two seasons once till I got frustrated and the fact he was a 87 rating and played like a noob so deleted him lol. You have to come to terms with the fact 2k cheats to keep the story line going, highs and lows etc. Over all though thoroughly enjoying it.
    Might have a go at My Park for a laugh when I get a maxed out player.

11. =adrian=

=adrian=
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,537
    :)

I have only changed to Hall of fame after reading that it gives extra points each game (with 2x multiplier). I started on Pro as well. My guy is only 71 overall so far.

I will put some more time into him and I also plan to start again with PG this time. I don't like that I have to be so active in defence with this PF guy. Prefering offence :)

12. ClarenceWorley

ClarenceWorley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Yeah playing as PG let's you control the plays and have the ball lot more. You're not reliant on the AI passing to you as you mash the call button. Also when you do start to play as a PG use the in game play calling, very useful especially the quick isolation ( down then left on the dpad iirc)

13. =adrian=

=adrian=
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,537
    Yeah I need to learn all of those tricks. I have only just learned that if I press L2 (I play on PS3 pad) it will help with defending and boxing out :) I'm sure there is plenty more stuff which I don't know about

14. =adrian=

=adrian=
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,537
    There is actually something I want to ask about, is there a way to edit the look of the player? I mean change the look of the face / haircut / etc?

15. ClarenceWorley

ClarenceWorley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    From the main menu go to the 2k options I think it's called that it's the one on the far right. Then select my player once in the options from there you can edit looks etc.

16. =adrian=

=adrian=
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,537
    Thanks.

I decided on his look before I even knew there was a career mode in the game (I really didn't know anything about it before I bought it) and he looked a bit like a big puppy :D Now he looks a bit better :)

I still haven't spent any money on accessories whatsoever. No tatoos, default shoes, etc. Everything so far goes towards his abilities. He is slowely starting to be a bit better. I just had a record breaking performance where he got 28 points, 10 rebounds, a steal, etc. He still misses some really easy shots though, but slowly getting there :) So addictive :)

17. aslird

aslird
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,291
    Just bough this in the sale. Am I being thick, or is there no training mode? I have found some videos under the myteam bit, but I can't see anywhere where you can just practice playing the game. everything I try just dumps me into a game, and I have no idea what buttons to press etc.

18. =adrian=

=adrian=
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,537
    I'm sure there is an exhibition mode to choose in the menu. Sadly, I don't remember the name.

I just went all out and after one exhibition game I started my league. Then after 2 games of the league I somehow clicked on the career mode in the menu and never played anything since.

The learning curve is quite steep, but I just can't stop playing this game at the moment.

19. ClarenceWorley

ClarenceWorley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    from the main menu go to NBA Today once in the NBA Today press b (its b on a 360 controller) to bring up the menu. Go to either quick game for a quick game or black top and where you can choose players from the NBA past and present or your my career player to practice either 1v1,2v2,3v3,4v4 or 5v5. You also earn vc for it. Hope this helps :)

20. =adrian=

=adrian=
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,537
    One thing I forgot to mention before is how impressed I am with how this game runs. My system is not the newest, it is a few year old PC with only GPU upgraded since built (i7 860 OCed to 3.4, 8GB of slow RAM (1066), Gigabyte 7970) and I run the game in 2560 x 1600 resolution on my monitor. The game is silky smooth. Very impressive.

The textures are among the best I have ever seen. Sweat on the skin looks so realistic. Everything, from the baskets, through the individually animated crowd, to players looks gorgeous.

There is however one bug that annoys me. From time to time, in the animated dialogue scenes between the games, I can't hear the voice of the person my player talks to. This is especially annoying when they ask me a question and I have 2 options to choose from and only few seconds to answer. Also quite often they don't move their mouth when they talk (even when I can hear their voice). Anybody else has this?

21. =adrian=

=adrian=
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,537
    The one-on-one is also good fun :)

[​IMG]

22. Jsnatch

Jsnatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Been playing this since release, got hooked on career mode then i really REALLY got addicted to the MyTeam mode and spent a couple of hundred £'s on cards to play such as Tmac etc who are not in the career mode.

23. =adrian=

=adrian=
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,537
    :eek:

24. =adrian=

=adrian=
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,537
    What am I doing wrong?

I work my butt off in each game and we lose every single one anyway. It is my second season (first full one) in the Career mode and so far we have won only 1 game (not sure how) and lost 7. On a 5 losing streak at the moment. Last season we lost something like 20 games in the row :eek:

I don't understand it. I work for two. Last game I had 35 points scored, 9 rebounds, 4 assists and we still lost by 20 points. At one point we were down by 33 points :eek: We seem to be losing the first quarter very badly usually and then just stay behind until the end of the game.

Help! I am sick of losing

25. =adrian=

=adrian=
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,537
    And another one lost. This time by 32 points :(

The AI teams hit everything, and I mean everything, while my team mates seem to miss quite a lot.

26. Jsnatch

Jsnatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +150
    have you setup the defence? keeping it on auto is bad.
    What i have is:

Offensive Focus
    • Run through X player
    • Shoot at will
    • Limit Transition

Defensive Focus
    • Limit perimiter shots
    • Play physical defence
    • Crash the glass
    YOU MUST Change the settings according to the opponents mostly the "limit permimeter shots" if they are a 3shooting team! change it to "protect the paint" if they are a bigman team.

There are also things like this (pad controls i use)
    Intense defense (LT) + right trigger (turbo) = rapid shuffle movement. Use it to hold up with the ball handler. This operates hand in hand with quantity 2 + three. preserve in mind that by using turbo your players will tire much more swiftly. Move your player whilst making use of the fast shuffle movement and try to beat your opponent to the spot forcing them to use other options.

Employing the left trigger + correct trigger can also make it significantly less tough to box out for defensive rebounds. The left trigger (box out) is already pressed, you just have to icon switch to the player with the best position or box out the other team’s best rebounder, putting your teammates in better position for the rebound. You must hold your opponent boxed out throughout the complete rebounding approach as they will attempt to get around you.

Use proper stick (hands up) defense + intense defense to challenge shots instead of going for blocks. Leaving your feet to block leaves you vulnerable to pump fakes and can also produce a lot a lot more driving space for your opponent.

Use the OTF (on the fly) defense choices (defend the paint, play tight on shooters, etc.) Throw in some zone every now and then. I mainly use the 2-3 to defend the paint or 3-2 to defending against the 3 point shot. Switch up your defenses during the game; if your opponent knows precisely how you are playing them it is that much easier to score.

Recognize when to bring the double team and make note of who the open player is. Your opponent must make the intelligent pass to the open man so be prepared to icon switch to your defender that is closest to that player. Playing excellent team defense can be rewarding and it creates turnovers for you that can lead to fast break probabilities and momentum.

It seems you do have your role sorted but you just need to work on your team ai so to speak so that they are alot more useful and force turnovers to win :)

Hope this helped.

27. =adrian=

=adrian=
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,537
    Thank you. That's very helpful.

I won't be home until late evening tonight to try it out but that sounds like might make a big difference.

One stupid question though, how can I find out in-game if the team I will be facing next is 3-point shooting team or more of a close quarters team? Is this just experience or there is a way to find out.

Also where do I change the defensive settings? In the actual game or the main menu?

Cheers

28. Jsnatch

Jsnatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +150
    you can change them before the each game starts (this is more for fine tuning like changing from 3>post defense)

but you want to goto the coach settings in the menu and change it to the base settings i suggested.

The only way you will know is if u are familiar with the nba teams/players, but most of the ai will hit a 3pt if they are left open thats why i force the ai to never leave them open for a 3 and let myself deal with the inner defense.

you can also change it all during a game "on the fly" so if u notice some of them dropping 3pt bombs switch it up likewise if they are playing Iso with a key superstar like LeBron goto zone defence not man2man.

Also i forgot to mention in the coach settings are the "Auto" plays,def,subs etc Sometimes the ai coach can reaaaaaaally fudge you over if your on a hot streak with a player no matter if they are scoring 100% shots the ai will bench them to let other players get gametime etc, same if u leave the plays/def on auto it will just keep changing them during a game even if what settings you input are working.

i kinda guess its the learning curve of going from learning how to play with Your player in MyCareer and then learning to play with the team, you can even go indepth and realise your type of gameplay doesnt work with your current team and ask for a trade.

ill never forget raging for a full rookie season with the Magic as i was top scorer/assist leader for the team and whenever they got the ball it was a nightmare as myplayer was a sg and i prefer to have the big guys rebound and score if i missed but they kept dishing it back out to try nail a 3pt and it just got frustrating and i traded to the cavs :D

29. =adrian=

=adrian=
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,537
    Thanks very much. I'll play with the settings tonight when back home.

I am not suŕe if I've not made a mistake staying with Pheonix Suns after the first season but they where offereing the best conditions. I did fancy a change though.

At the moment I have some clubs interest in me around 90%. Can I change mid season or do I have to wait until the end of the season? Also if I'm not mistaken Suns were offering me 2 years contract. Can I leave before that?

30. Jsnatch

Jsnatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +150
    dont really take much notice of the contract coins, the team you wna go with is who will give you the most minutes to earn more ingame coins/performance i went to a top team early in one game save and never got to really play and it rekt my stats as a rookie :(