1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nay advice for connecting NETGEM I-PLAYER to web via wireless ?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by DJW, Jan 1, 2005.

1. DJW

DJW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've had a wireless setup for PC for the last 2 years, so am relatively OK with the technology.

I recently bought a NETGEM I-Player plus additional Belkin F5D6050 USB WAP. The box can see the WAP, but although I have setup WEP keys correctly the NETGEM will not connect to the router :confused: I just get the messsage "attempting to connect" followed by "disconnnected" 5 secs later. I have lastest firmware downloaded for NetGem.

I have tried the WAP with my laptop & using correct WEP key I can connect to Router / Net OK.

Anybody successfully connected their Netgem wirelessly ? Any hints / tips appreciated.

Cheers Dave

2. cliocarl

cliocarl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    http://forum.netgem.com/viewtopic.php?t=1408

Dave mate have you tried these instructions saw them the other day and thought of this thread.

I have one of these players but aint bothered using this feature unfortunately so this is as much help as I can be.

3. DJW

DJW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Carl :thumbsup:

Found problem was the WEP key needs to be entered on NETGEM in hexidecimal, not "string" :lesson: . All working now. Have to say web surfing is pretty useless due to small area of page that can be shown on screen, although EMAIL access will be handy for the missus.

Now to start streaming MP3's & Vids :smashin:

Cheers Dave