Navman or TomTom bluetooth

TheBigApple

I've been having a look at both these GPS packages for use with an ipaq 1940.

I would like to get the TomTom car kit as it looks very neat and tidy but if I understand correctly the TomTom software does not include postcode search.

Prefer the Navman package due to long battery life on the bluetooth receiver and the postcode search facility which is quite important.

Anyone know if the TomTom car kit will be compatible with Navman? Novice you see!

Can anyone offer any advice on these packages or any alternative packages that are compatible with the ipaq?

Cheers

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
I don't believe the navman supports speed camera warnings if that's important to you (I see it as a definite advantage for the Tom Tom system). Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Andy

Messiah

I bought the Tom Tom Bluetooth version a couple of weeks back for £200. Using it with an XDA2 and it is utterly superb. Address lookup is so quick with list matching that no post code option is no problem for me. And POI overlays mean it is so flexible and useful.

Fantastic piece of kit. Just waiting for the XDA2 car kit now.

Messiah

Originally posted by monkeyboy73
But I've read that it no longer comes with the cradle for the bluetooth unit as pictured here.

Mine did bought only a couple of weeks ago. Was from PC World though so probably been sitting in their stock room for a while (and a reason why I negotiated a 50% discount :D)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED First Thoughts + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 Review, TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom