Navman ICN520 - Memory

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by Complete Novice, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Complete Novice

Complete Novice
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Dad has the above sat nav and says that when you search for places of interest in a particular place the memory only shows 99 places but as it sorts in alphabetical order it will find the first 99 places of interest in alphabetical order and, say for instance, if there is a zoo in the place you may never know about it because it may have already found 99 places and only have gotten up to letter H, etc.

Is there any way around this?

2. dagamore

dagamore
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    on my navigon 5/Transonic 6000+ I am able to search by just POI and i get the same problem you have, or i can add a bunch of filters to it, i.e. normaly i just search for ATM or Petrol Stations. So that i will only be presented with the ATM's in the 30Km zone around me and not hit the result limit (not sure what it is, think its 99 or 999.)

One of the problems you will find is that the POI system is only as good as the places that are in it. For example on Friday i was looking for an ATM so i could get some cash and then fill up the car, but i was in Luxemberg not Germany like normal, and the stock software for the navigon 5/Transonic 6000+ does not have ANY ATM's listed for the entier country! Talk about bab juju. Thankfully i found an Esso with a pay at the pump machine that would take my American Visa, a lot of cashregisters dont :(.