• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Navigon Traffic Live., any users?

Naaktgeboren

Distinguished Member
I recently downloaded Navigon and am considering getting the Traffic Live extra. Has anyone used this? I would be interested to know just how much data it is sending and receiving whilst getting the information, as the days of unlimited data are gone, this will be a key consideration when considering a purchase.

Could anyone give me any figures for say an hours driving?

Thanks in advance.

Desmo

Distinguished Member
I use it but I don't do a massive amount of journeys. I'd have no idea as to how much data it would use as there's no real way to measure it. If I think of a way I'll let you know.

shade_of_meta

its extremely small....unless you're living in some accident blackspot you're only sending and receiving a few k of info and i'd say no more than 50k in a full days driving!

Can't see it ever being an issue!

Panoramic view...now thats another story lol

Butters

I recently downloaded Navigon and am considering getting the Traffic Live extra. Has anyone used this? I would be interested to know just how much data it is sending and receiving whilst getting the information, as the days of unlimited data are gone, this will be a key consideration when considering a purchase.

Could anyone give me any figures for say an hours driving?

Thanks in advance.

Could not tell you how much data i am afraid but the word insignificant springs to mind :)

I have found the traffic reps to be pretty good in general, the only time it tends to screw me over is when travelling back from up north to down south on the M1 towards M25 and occasionally it advises the quickest route to be through London...... It has no concept of how horrible Hammersmith traffic is in rush hour :laugh:

Apart from that - its great.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Panoramic view...now thats another story lol

Has Panoramic view been borked by iOS4, or is it just me?

Get all sorts of distortions with road names blurring over themselves, so it's pretty much unusable at the moment.

shade_of_meta

Has Panoramic view been borked by iOS4, or is it just me?

Get all sorts of distortions with road names blurring over themselves, so it's pretty much unusable at the moment.

yea....:rolleyes: seems to be an iOS4 issue as it happens on my old 3G S and i4!

2D and 3D fine so they'll have to do until they fix :boring:

Naaktgeboren

Distinguished Member
I downloaded it after all. It is possible to check the amount of data by using settings/general/usage/mobile network date sent and received (checked figure both before and after)

It uses amazingly little data not even 13 kb for 2 hours of driving!! Fantastic addition, highly recommended from me.

I downloaded Navigon a few days back and immediately had problems with Panorama View 3D. I emailed the support address and they replied within hours... it is a bug with 4.0 which they expect to fix early this coming week so keep your eyes peeled on the store.

I had always used tomtom, never really got to grips with other offerings but I am liking this a lot. Route re-calculation is immediate and the voice commands are better than tomtom.

Last edited:

Desmo

Distinguished Member
It is possible to check the amount of data by using settings/general/usage/mobile network date sent and received (checked figure both before and after)
That's fine if you reset your figures, but mine are counting in MB and GB so couldn't count the Kb being used :)

Naaktgeboren

Distinguished Member
They told me originally it would be this week although I have been looking around Navigons Facebook page and they are telling people it will be available by the end of next month!! :eek:

Desmo

Distinguished Member
Does it need an update? Seems to be working fine so no rush :p

muffins

They told me originally it would be this week although I have been looking around Navigons Facebook page and they are telling people it will be available by the end of next month!! :eek:

They must have realised that having direction spoken over your phone conversation was a bad idea and looked to redesign.:confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom