1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Navi

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by KeithO, Jul 29, 2003.

1. KeithO

KeithO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    I'm looking for a navi system that fits the following bill:

Single DIN slot
    All Europe on one CD/DVD (preferably down to street level)
    Voice directions
    Preferably orange illumination

I'm not overly bothered about a huge screen. Those screens that slide out of the unit look really sexy, but in my car that would cover the on-board computer display. Little arrows on an LCD or something would be fine as long as it's legible (primarily as an additional aid to the voice prompts).

It must either have it's own CD/DVD changer or interface with my existing Pioneer 6-disc multi-changer, and have a decent FM radio too.

Anyone got any suggestions?

2. KeithO

KeithO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    No-one got any suggestions at all?! :confused:

3. dejongj

dejongj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know you did not mention the requirement for dynamic routing pending upon the traffic situation; roadworks or a traffic jam. But if I was going for a 1 DIN unit I would be looking for that feature which is called RDS-TMC. The model from VDO-Dayton or Blaupunkt support this for the UK.
    They have their own CD-Changers or via a converter cable you might be able to use your existing CD-Changer. You'd be looking at about 600-900 pounds for the unit....

Cheers,

Jean-Paul

4. KeithO

KeithO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Jean-Paul, thanks for the reply. Yes, the TMC stuff sounds very useful. I'll take a look at the Blaupunkt stuff, as I think they make the original radio/cassette unit I have, and it might fit well aesthetically.