Nav Gear N810 (Europe and Bluetooth version)

simonlindsay

Standard Member
Hi,

I have recently purchased one of these Sat Navs (Nav Gear N810) from Gadget City on Ebay. I know there is another thread on these forums for the N910 but it does not have Europe or Bluetooth.

For the most part it is working ok with the exception of the speed camera and the 7 digit postcode only comes up with 4 digits. There are a couple of other niggly bits about it but basically is there anyone out there who has purchased one and everything is ok with it? The company said they will swap the SD card for the UK version only which should solve the postcode and speed cam problem.

Cheers,

Simon

B

Bebbo

Hi,

I have just purchased the same and am having same probs with 4 digit postcode (speed camera option appears to be OK). Did you get yours resolved? Also only manual I recieved was a very "light" Quick Start Quide. Did you recieve a more detailed user guide with yours? Or did anyone else out there have a more detailed user guide for the Nav Gear N810, or know where I can get one.
:lease:

simonlindsay

Standard Member
Hi,

After much emailing back and forth they agreed to refund the cost of the sat nav if i returned it - not the postage though.

How did you get the speed cam to work - maybe I missed something in the setup.

There is no manual for the Sat Nav only for the other items.

They said that if i send the SD card back I could exchange it for the UK version and the speed cams and the 7 digit postcodes would work. The only problem is that the streets etc. are not up to date. I'm still thinking about what to do.

Cheers,

Simon

B

Bebbo

Hi Simon,

My speed camera feature worked automatically, I didn't have to do anything. I have the 4.3 inch screen, might have different SD card.

Was going to send it back, have discovered that if you put the street name and area in before the postcode it works better. If you put the postcode in first it gives you the general area and if you try to get it to be more precise by then putting in the street and number etc it still doesn't locate the exact address.

I've only just got mine, so I'm still trying to figure it out. I will give it a bit longer before I diside what to do. Do wish there were more detailed intructions with it. I have no idea how you load up your music, pictures and videos!

Andi:confused:

Pheonix

Standard Member
Hi Simon & Andi
I have Nav Gear with 4.3 screen. Speed camera not working. So I Emailed them with the problem , and they said they are going to post cd with updates to get the camera to work. I will let you know how I get on. Also instruction manual is as much use as a chocolate fire guard.:mad: But I have managed to figure most of the workings out.:lesson:

Pheonix

Standard Member
Hi Simon & Andi
I have Nav Gear with 4.3 screen. Speed camera not working. So I Emailed them with the problem , and they said they are going to post cd with updates to get the camera to work. I will let you know how I get on. Also instruction manual is as much use as a chocolate fire guard.:mad: But I have managed to figure most of the workings out.:lesson:
Got the CD. Today. It's about as much use as a One legged man at an Arse kicking party. It's the same disc that was in the box with the Nav Gear, but with a different label.

B

Bebbo

Hi Pheonix,

Thanks for that. Here's a good one for you - What CD??!! Agree with you about the manual. Have you figured out how to load pictures etc onto the Sat Nav? Although my speed camera works, I must admit that it doesn't always pick up all speed camera's. Does it find them just by their location or does it pick them up using some sort of signal?

They were supposed to send me the 7 digit postcode software, but I have never seen hide nor hair of it and that was just after christmas.

Still haven't quite worked out what the different combinations of fastest, slowest, shortest etc all mean!!:confused:

Pheonix

Standard Member
Hi Pheonix,

Thanks for that. Here's a good one for you - What CD??!! Agree with you about the manual. Have you figured out how to load pictures etc onto the Sat Nav? Although my speed camera works, I must admit that it doesn't always pick up all speed camera's. Does it find them just by their location or does it pick them up using some sort of signal?

They were supposed to send me the 7 digit postcode software, but I have never seen hide nor hair of it and that was just after christmas.

Still haven't quite worked out what the different combinations of fastest, slowest, shortest etc all mean!!:confused:

There was a CD in the box with the Nav gear, when I asked "how do I use it"? they said I dont need to. Well the Speed cameras alerts do not work, so I emailed them and they said they would send cd with updates to get the camera alerts to work. It looks like the same cd that was in the box when I bought the Nav Gear. So I am going to copy the files to a 2 Gig sd card and see what happens. I will let you know how I get on. You said your camera alerts are working, do you get an audible warning?

B

Bebbo

Hi Pheonix,

Yes, it beebs and gives you at least two coundowns in Metres. Usually 600m then 100m voice warning with beebs and flashes up in large writing on the screen. Doesn't seem to pick up every speed camera though - not sure if this is cause they are inactive. Also seems to think that some digital speed warning signs are speed camera's. That is why I was interested to know how it actually detects the speed camera's. Is it just by location on the map (this is an option you switch on as to what you wish displayed on the map. Or is it some sort of electical signal - would be interested to know.

Pheonix

Standard Member
Hi Bebbo,
I dont know how the cameras are detected, I have never had them working on my nav gear, they sent me a cd with the cameras on (supposedly) I copied the files from the cd to a sd card but still no joy, How did you get your alerts to work?

B

Bebbo

Hi,

Not sure I did anything, but as I said before you may need to check that you have speed camera's set "on" in the "Map Settings" option. Go into Navigation, then select the icon in bottom left corner of screen, select "Change Settings", then select "Change Map Settings", then "Info Layers", then make sure "SpeedCam" is ticked. Not sure if this will help, but worth checking if it's on.

:oops:
By the way I said it gives a voice warning for speed camera's - I told a lie! No idea why I though it did this. It gives warning beep and screen flashes up with distance warning for a few seconds.

Let me know if you have any joy with this. Still find mine is not always accurate with destinations due to the 4 digit postcode problem. Anyone had any joy getting this changed?

Pheonix

Standard Member
Hi Bebbo,
I checked all the settings, and made sure camera's were ticked in info layers. but still nothing. But now the Nav Gear has thrown the towel in, The main screen comes on but when I touch any of the features nothing happens. I have sent email so will see what happens. BFN.

Pheonix

Standard Member
Hi.Bebbo. Do you know how many folders there are on your Nav Gear memory card? There is Two on mine, Cities & Mobile navigator.

cutecockney

Standard Member
i too bought one of these peices of pooh from ukdigital on ebay for my hubby for his job. now the unit won't work unless plugged into a 240v supply .............not useful for the car then? i have tried to contact the company & have been surprise surprise ..........ignored...........can any one tell me how i can get in contact with these people? i did get a warranty card with the item but no address to send it to????????????????
HELP:lease:

Pheonix

Standard Member
Hello cutecockney,
I sent my nav gear to Unit 41. Waterfront Studios. 1 Dock Road London E16 1AH. For repair because it stopped working, and camera alert's never worked. It came back today and every thing seems to be working ok. including the camera alert's.

Pheonix

Standard Member
i too bought one of these peices of pooh from ukdigital on ebay for my hubby for his job. now the unit won't work unless plugged into a 240v supply .............not useful for the car then? i have tried to contact the company & have been surprise surprise ..........ignored...........can any one tell me how i can get in contact with these people? i did get a warranty card with the item but no address to send it to????????????????
HELP:lease:
Have you tried to send them an email? I sent emails and got replies every time.

cutecockney

Standard Member
Thanks Phoenix for the info:thumbsup:
Did you have to pay anything towards the repair or did they do it FOC?
I have been trying to contact them since Nov last year.:rolleyes:
Many thanks

Pheonix

Standard Member
Thanks Phoenix for the info:thumbsup:
Did you have to pay anything towards the repair or did they do it FOC?
I have been trying to contact them since Nov last year.:rolleyes:
Many thanks
Hi It was done FOC, But after a day or so it would not turn on, but I remembered seeing a hole on the side of the unit that said reset, so I poked the stylus in it and everything is fine again. hope this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom