1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nautilus 805 Vs JMLab Micro Utopia

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Gliese 581c, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Gliese 581c

Gliese 581c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +523
    Heard the 805's and love them....cant find a 2nd hand or ex-dem set for love nor money...

Are the JMLab Micro Utopia's better than the Nautilus 805's ? - Havent heard the micro's myself and wondered if they are any better ?

2. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I'm going to demo the Electra 936 next weekend. I'm told that one of JM Labs objectives was to beat B&W, from what i've read, they may well have done it. I've seen a couple of comments that the JM Lab speakers don't have the air of the B&Ws but on many other counts, they beat them. That tweater of theirs is supposed to be amazing.

You can pick them up 2nd hand for £1500-£2000, not exactly cheap, so just given the RRP they should beat the N805. The N805 sig that is.

3. Gliese 581c

Gliese 581c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +523
    I read that too, their tweeter is meant to be something special.

If I find a set of Micro's that I can demo, I think I'll deinately give them a listen to.

If I cant get the 805's then I will seriously consider the micro's...if they are better then the 805 sig's then 805 V Micro Utopia is not very fair competition for the poor b&w's even though they are great in their own right...

Anyone else with thoughts ?

4. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I just had a listen to these . I suggest you get a demo if you can, RRP is £3k. Vocals/midrange were superb, if you like a front row seat. The bass was extended but somewhat uneven. That was probably down to the room though.