Nautilus 800

fsyed13

Novice Member
Hi All,
Hope you are doing well
I currently have a pair of B&W CM10's which I power through a Peachtree Nova300. Like what I hear but could be better.
Now potentially I have the opportunity to buy a Nautilus 800. The speakers at 10 years old, decent condition and after some back and forth the seller is asking for 5000$.
Now I am no expert in this B&W800 speakers. I always considered them tooo expensive (still do) but I do know that there have been many variants of them Signature 800, Nautilus 800, Diamont etc etc.
Question is how different are they? And is it worth it to buy the Nautilus 800 for this price? I will have to drive 5 hours to go pick them up lol.
I will be using the speakers for Home theatre and Music.
Thank you in advance for your expert advice. Always appreciate it.
Regards
Fahad

Jason72

Be aware these speakers were around and being reviewed in 2002 therefore they could be considerably older than ten years. That doesn't make them a bad speaker but just be careful and factor in that the speakers may need re-coning due to their age sometime in the future which could end up an expensive proposition.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom