Naughty Dog and the big N?

snake II

Novice Member
Following todays comments by a developer at naughty dog, I am a little curious to what his last statement meant, hes says that nintendo have the tools to be no. 1 it is something which they havent used to the max, well something which he wouldnt do anyway. Also he winks at a camera ( for some game show in the usa) after saying I hope to work with nintendo , "if things go the way they are I might get that chance"

wht could he mean? ninty wont go 3rd party yet after announcing ds, gba2 and n5 , they are doing well to stay there .
so are naughty dog being purchased by the big N ? or is there a slight chance that the resurrected snes2 philosophy is awakened by sony and nintendo

Miyazaki

Novice Member
What's snes2 mate?

snake II

Novice Member
What I mean is that there could be a 0.01% chance that the snes add on drive sony and nintendo were working on "snes2" could be resurrected?

SNES2?! There's actually a 0.00000000000000000000001% chance of that ever happening. There's more of a chance of Tetris winnning the best game ever award. LOL! Now that would be wrong! Plus there is no way that Sony and Nintendo would help produce the SNES2 seeing as they're rival companies and Nintendo built the SNES in the 1st place. Trust me, the next consoles are the DS and the N5, not the SNES2 or the NES2 or whatever.

Miyazaki

Novice Member
Sony and Nintendo collaborated on a console called the 'Playstation'. Remember that one, or are you a bit too young?

A

Azrikam

Originally posted by i_like_it_cube
There's more of a chance of Tetris winnning the best game ever award. LOL!
Actually, if you held a poll of the best games ever, across all consoles, aimed at all gamers (from hardcore to lightweight), I'd guess Tetris would be pretty high up there. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it came out on top. :D

CrispyXUK

Yup, Tetris is a great game. Anyway, naming the next machine the SNES2 or something along those lines would give them a sales boost as it worked for Sony with the PS2, they just need the old third party support this time round like Konami, Capcom, Namco, HudsonSoft & SEGA, they should be well away then.

supersonic87

Standard Member
Originally posted by Games Guru
Sony and Nintendo collaborated on a console called the 'Playstation'. Remember that one, or are you a bit too young?
No, Nintendo and Sony worked on the snes-cd add on, Nintendo pulled out of the deal and went with Phillips (the concept of the snes CD was incorparated into a PSX prototype, that deal partially fell through and the Phillips CD-I was born, or is your mind going in old age :D

Rich

RL123

Novice Member
Originally posted by CrispyXUK
they just need the old third party support this time round like Konami, Capcom, Namco, HudsonSoft & SEGA, they should be well away then.
None of those have dumped Nintendo yet though. It's the crap Western developers who don't want to release games on the Cube. Midway, Acclaim, Eidos etc...tbh none of them will be missed in terms of quality, I certainly would never buy a game from the above companies...unfortunately rubbish = high sales in 90% of examples in this industry so people predict the GC to fail because it lacks these rubbish games :rolleyes:

Miyazaki

Novice Member
Are Sega and Namco joining up?

That was a rumour I heard, don't know if it has any basis in fact or not.

A joint Sega and Ninty console would be a great idea I think.

The two best games developers, they'd wipe the floor if all their games were exclusive in the next gen.

RL123

Novice Member
Originally posted by Games Guru
Are Sega and Namco joining up?

That was a rumour I heard, don't know if it has any basis in fact or not.

I think it was a rumoured takeover (Namco buying out Sega) But now that Sammy own 22% of Sega it's probably never going to happen.

I think a lot of people would love a Sega/Nintendo console. I know I would :D You'd see some fantastic games but it would be a commercial failure:rolleyes:

Look how well F Zero GX turned out...any future game collaberations between the two would be just as impressive IMO. I'm happy with Sega staying multiformat though, if it means they continue their incredible high quality of games (from Outrun 2 to Virtua Fighter)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom