1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naughty Dog and the big N?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by snake II, Mar 4, 2004.

1. snake II

snake II

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Following todays comments by a developer at naughty dog, I am a little curious to what his last statement meant, hes says that nintendo have the tools to be no. 1 it is something which they havent used to the max, well something which he wouldnt do anyway. Also he winks at a camera ( for some game show in the usa) after saying I hope to work with nintendo , "if things go the way they are I might get that chance"

wht could he mean? ninty wont go 3rd party yet after announcing ds, gba2 and n5 , they are doing well to stay there .
    so are naughty dog being purchased by the big N ? or is there a slight chance that the resurrected snes2 philosophy is awakened by sony and nintendo

2. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    What's snes2 mate?

3. snake II

snake II

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    What I mean is that there could be a 0.01% chance that the snes add on drive sony and nintendo were working on "snes2" could be resurrected?

4. i_like_it_cube

i_like_it_cube
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    SNES2?! There's actually a 0.00000000000000000000001% chance of that ever happening. There's more of a chance of Tetris winnning the best game ever award. LOL! Now that would be wrong! Plus there is no way that Sony and Nintendo would help produce the SNES2 seeing as they're rival companies and Nintendo built the SNES in the 1st place. Trust me, the next consoles are the DS and the N5, not the SNES2 or the NES2 or whatever.

5. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Sony and Nintendo collaborated on a console called the 'Playstation'. Remember that one, or are you a bit too young?

6. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, if you held a poll of the best games ever, across all consoles, aimed at all gamers (from hardcore to lightweight), I'd guess Tetris would be pretty high up there. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it came out on top. :D

7. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Yup, Tetris is a great game. Anyway, naming the next machine the SNES2 or something along those lines would give them a sales boost as it worked for Sony with the PS2, they just need the old third party support this time round like Konami, Capcom, Namco, HudsonSoft & SEGA, they should be well away then.

8. supersonic87

supersonic87
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    No, Nintendo and Sony worked on the snes-cd add on, Nintendo pulled out of the deal and went with Phillips (the concept of the snes CD was incorparated into a PSX prototype, that deal partially fell through and the Phillips CD-I was born, or is your mind going in old age :D

Rich

9. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    None of those have dumped Nintendo yet though. It's the crap Western developers who don't want to release games on the Cube. Midway, Acclaim, Eidos etc...tbh none of them will be missed in terms of quality, I certainly would never buy a game from the above companies...unfortunately rubbish = high sales in 90% of examples in this industry so people predict the GC to fail because it lacks these rubbish games :rolleyes:

10. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Are Sega and Namco joining up?

That was a rumour I heard, don't know if it has any basis in fact or not.

A joint Sega and Ninty console would be a great idea I think.

The two best games developers, they'd wipe the floor if all their games were exclusive in the next gen.

11. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I think it was a rumoured takeover (Namco buying out Sega) But now that Sammy own 22% of Sega it's probably never going to happen.

I think a lot of people would love a Sega/Nintendo console. I know I would :D You'd see some fantastic games but it would be a commercial failure:rolleyes:

Look how well F Zero GX turned out...any future game collaberations between the two would be just as impressive IMO. I'm happy with Sega staying multiformat though, if it means they continue their incredible high quality of games (from Outrun 2 to Virtua Fighter)