Natural World (BBC Two)

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Anyone see the excellent Natural World ep Naabi - A Hyena Princess on sunday?, it was very good, some amazing footage with Hyena's vesus lions, and a stunning scene of wilderbeasts engulfing an area of 30 x 10 miles sq., with a western (cowboy) instrumental soundtrack straight out of Sergio Leone's films, other music included The Doors' Riders on a Storm, etc.

episode
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00b2n66

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
New Series 33 | Episode 1/10

Tonight 9pm BBC Two

Africa's Giant Killers: Natural World
The return of the natural history programme documenting the habits of wildlife species from all over the world. Roughly once every 40 years in the northern Kalahari Desert of Botswana an ancient waterway called the Savute channel fills and flows into the surrounding marshes. This attracts thousands of grazing animals from across the region - and also draws predators to the area. This documentary follows the fortunes of Africa's largest herd of elephants and a pride of seven lions as they come face to face in an epic fight for survival, with drought having weakened the elephants and the lions desperately hungry. Narrated by Imogen Stubbs.

GaryB 1978

Distinguished Member
Anyone see the excellent Natural World ep Naabi - A Hyena Princess on sunday?, it was very good, some amazing footage with Hyena's vesus lions, and a stunning scene of wilderbeasts engulfing an area of 30 x 10 miles sq., with a western (cowboy) instrumental soundtrack straight out of Sergio Leone's films, other music included The Doors' Riders on a Storm, etc.

episode
BBC Two - Natural World, 2007-2008, Naabi - a Hyena Princess

It was stunning to watch and very emotive, 10/10 loved it

krish

Distinguished Member
On BBC2 tomorrow night (Fri 24th Oct) at 8pm, repeated Saturday at 7pm ...
Members of the weasel family are often portrayed as the villains of the natural world, but do they deserve this reputation? By following the adventures of a tiny orphaned weasel named Twiz, this film reveals the true nature of these pocket-sized predators, which relative to their size have a bite more powerful than a tiger’s.

In Yorkshire, a unique garden rigged with over 50 cameras gives a rare insight into the dramatic life of a mother stoat as she tries to raise her first family. And new science uncovers the problem-solving abilities of the honey badger, the secrets behind the ferret’s legendary flexibility, and the remarkable sense of smell of the wolverine. Together, using their extraordinary skills, this feisty and fearless family have conquered the planet.

krish

Distinguished Member
^^^ From Robert Fuller ...

Published on 31 May 2019

A mother and daughter have both set up territory in my garden. Crackle is an adventurous stoat. She explored the garden thoroughly before finally settling under the decking outside my studio. Meanwhile her mother, Bandita, settled at the far end of the territory. But then Bandita began to venture threateningly close to Crackle's nest. By early spring I noticed both females had rounded bellies. Although there were no males in the area, female stoats can delay implantation. This means they can be mated months in advance, but not begin pregnancy until spring when food is plentiful. Now with Bandita and Crackle preparing to give birth, I'm looking forward to the first glimpse of their kits!

Follow the story: https://www.robertefuller.com/diary/c...

About Me: I am a British wildlife artist based in Thixendale, North Yorkshire. I use nestcams to study animal behaviour so that I can capture the individual characters of my wild subjects in paint. I've shared the best of my video research on this channel. I hope you enjoy it! See more too on my website: https://www.robertefuller.com

Now on iPlayer for about a month and there's one further repeat on the morning of Mon 4th Nov at 7.30am on BBC2