1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

natural motion good ore bad???

Discussion in 'TVs' started by kenneth, Jul 19, 2002.

1. kenneth

kenneth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just read a review telling that natrual motion isn't to good with dvd's, it tells that it makes the film look bizarre just like it was shot on video.
    I'm about to buy a tv (Philips 32pw9527) and i would like some advise, is it like i've had read or do you think it is okey??
    I've been told that it was a good thing, please help me.
    I got a Pioneer 515, if it is at some help.

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The only bad effect that Digital Natural Motion has is a "halo" ripple-type effect around moving objects when the background is very crowded. I find it hardly ever happens with DVDs and I notice it mostly with highly compressed Digital Sources like some Sky Satellite channels. On Pixel+ TVs digital natural motion is required in Pixel+ mode because of the strange refresh rate used (75 Hz)... DVDs seen on Pixel+ really do look amazing. If the source is of poor quality and the "Halos" are bothering you then you can switch to either pure 100Hz or Double Lines (50Hz) neither of which have Digital Natural Motion. Hope this helps. ;)

3. Serpico

Serpico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    the double lines mode is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard on my pw9607. It flickers so much it's unwatchable.

4. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Well that would explain why you don't see many 50Hz 36" CRTs.. the bigger the screen, the more noticable the flicker! Double Lines is only as flickery as any other 32"/28" 50Hz TV on the 9617 except with the added bonus of better resolution.