Natty new specs

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by la gran siete, Sep 10, 2007.

1. la gran siete

la gran siete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,984
    Well I finally got my Yodblovs over the weekend. Bought them from a well known high street optometrist and its the first and ,probably, the only time I have bought anything remotely designer coz as most peeps know I dont do labels or anything poncey. In this case I made an exception because Sergie Yodblov is the new kid on the block so I thought I'd give him a leg up and at £30 a pair they werent exactly exhorbitant.Anyway who is Sergie?Well he is this designer/optometrist who harks from Belorussia, who started life as ballet dancer for the Borzov ballet company
    and who was forced by circumstance into a complete career change therefore he attented the Moscow school of optometry, graduated with flying colours and is now marketing a range of products including specs, soaps, antiperspirants, athlete foot sprays all carrying his rather natty name. Mind you its early doors for him in the Uk as most have not heard of him . In fact my brother Godfrey and I are currently the sole possessors of his frames in our home town. I am sure , though,that many more will appear in time.In fact I'm thinking of starting a Yodblovs owners club.
    Now a little of Sergie's history.He was born in what is now the independent state of Belorussia but spent most of his childhood in Ulan Bator because his father was the Charges d'affaires at the Soviet embassy in the mMongolian capital. Relations between the two were not great because whilst pater had designs on his son becoming a football player ,Sergie opted for the rather more effete career of ballet dancing. Andrei( pater) basically ostracised him henceforth as he felt himself becomimg the laughing stock within his community. “My son a Nancy Boy Potter dancer?” he blurted “ not under my roof!”So poor old Sergie was sent packing to Moscow. Fortune favours the brave because the young tyro forged a fairly successful career on the boards of Eastern Europe, he married well and lived,by Soviet standards, a comfortable life.Unfortunately for him it was during the period when the iron curtian finally came down that injury would finally end his career and for a few years hence poor old Segie wandered around wondering what he could do. His wife Margaretha( ne De Blom Blom) who came from a French aristocratic family who survived the revolution, basically supported him for the following 6 years until his decision to enter the world of optometry. Since then things have gone from strength to strength and Sergie once again is a household name across alkl the former Soviet republics. What a geezer eh?Now he is trying to break into the west and can anyone blame him?I fully expect top see the name Yodblov appear on billboards, tv adverts and neon lights before too long.

2. bouncer

bouncer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    For someone that "dont do labels" your sure are promoting him :p

3. la gran siete

la gran siete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,984
    This is a pic of me brother wearing his Yodblovs. He is ,by the way, a tranny

4. square-eyes-baz

square-eyes-baz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    Ive got a feeling it will stay that way.

5. bouncer

bouncer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Your brother/sister (XD) Is errr very strange.

6. CFC1

CFC1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,221
    :eek: ... that's frigging him! ... LGS ...It's definitely him! :( ;)

7. daveaka

daveaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +266
    laser eye surgery for all !, free the speccy jamjar classes......

8. johntheexpat

johntheexpat
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,811
    I was expecting a picture of a 1970's radio wearing glasses:rolleyes:

(for all those bright young things, us (mid way to) wrinklies used to refer to transistor radios as trannies, 'cos it was cool to abbreviate things)

9. Pat_C

Pat_C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    All sounds perfectly feasible to me :)