Nativity

ShaneWillson

As the parents on this site will already know, once you become a parent the good old Nativity play becomes a tradition of many a Christmas. So this is my take on the competition for this month.

Seeing it's a busy time of year, where we don't know where the next handful of spare time will come from, I'd just like to send my Christmas regards to whoever reads these few words.

Original Image:
Exposure: 1/30
Camera: Canon EOS 450D
Lense: EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
Aperture: f/4.5
Focal Length: 100 mm
ISO Speed: 1600

PP:
Done in lightroom2. Where I really had a play around to get the effect I was happy with. Used a preset that I made up by fiddling around, which entailed inreasing the exposure, fill light, blacks, brightness, contrast and clarity. I decreased the highlights and the shadows and increased the lights and the darks, I also sharpened and reduced some noise, oh and cropped.

Nativity Exif

Woodywizz

Distinguished Member
Good shot :thumbsup:...went to my son's nativity last week and came away with not one shot I was happy with.

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Nice enough shot and I like the processing (and it is better and sharper that the other in the "not valid" thread) but it doesn't make me think Christmas TBH...

Jim

Woodywizz

Distinguished Member
I know what you mean Jim, it makes me think of Summer :rolleyes: :D

nikonuser11

looked at this a few times and I think you've captured it very well and your daughters expression is perfect:smashin:
However, only critique is it also doesnt make me think Christmas, sorry

Bob

Nice shot but looking at it out of competition it wouldn't make me think of Xmas.

Zone

Cracking shot and it appears I'm the only one apart from Shane obviously who thinks this a great representation of what Christmas is, it's the Nativity :rolleyes:

Top Bottom