1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Native resolution 10 ht

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Dangerous, Jan 20, 2002.

1. Dangerous

Dangerous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sony uk tech support have given me this link http://bpgprod.sel.sony.com/bpccontent/documents/software.99999.docfilter.10004.BPC.html which they say may help in my quest to run at native resolution in computer mode. I have installed the software but as yet have not had time to try it as my pc is at present connected to my monitor. It would appear that you select your projector and the available resolution from your pc graphics card are shown. The available resolution from my pc using a Radeon 7500 is not 1366x768. Would I need to use this utility with powerstrip to make it work.
    Any thoughts!
    Dave

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Dave, wild guess here, but they must have told you to install driver software from this link, pjprojects.exe I take it is the one you chose. This will simply enable you to chose the projector as your monitor on the display properties sheet, which then tells your graphics card what resolution to send data in. Should be just the ticket, works like that with my setup. Martin

3. Dangerous

Dangerous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Martin are you saying that you have used the software and run a 10ht at native resolution?

Dave

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Dave, no, but I run an NEC projector with a pc, and this is how it's done in my case, that .exe file can only be driver software. If you've run the file, does the projector now appear in the drop down list of monitors? Which version of windows are you running, that affects exactly how you choose monitors, though not very much. Martin

I'm assuming you're familiar with this but of the OS, If not mail me and I can run through it, though that doen't make me highly qualified. It's a 1 minute process, therefore something you can change easily when you connect the projector. Remember to change back before disconnecting and going back to a monitor, it won't like the signal. Windows might be hepful and autodetect the change, but a bit of a nuisance if it doesn't!

The upshot of being able to select the 10ht as your monitor is that it's native resolution, and all others which it's capable of displaying, will be offered on the settings sheet. That's the result you're looking for isn't it?

5. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Its not possible to run the 10HT at native resolution using the VGA socket, its a very well known issue. Some very smart people have tried to get it to work, nothing. The best that they could come up with was 1184x666.

Jeff

6. Dangerous

Dangerous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I appreciate what your saying Jeff but have they tried the software that the Sony tech gave me a link to. This programme states that it will allow the listed projectors to be run at their native resolution though it doesn’t list the native resolution of the 10ht only 1280x1024 and I'm not sure if this is because my Radeon 7500 is not able to display this or if I used powerstrip and a Sony display driver I would be able to display at this resolution.

Dave

7. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Jeff, I'm amazed! Do Sony not know, then? This utility they've directed our friend to says it does the business. I must addit to my list of 'great lies of today'. I'd give it a shot if it were my problem though. Martin

Dave, have you checked radeon's site for any helpful info on this?

8. Dangerous

Dangerous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Martin
    The drop down menu doesn't list the native resolution of the 10ht but as I have said in my post to Jeff I am not sure if that is because my display card is referring to the information table in respect of my current monitor. As Jeff pointed out this is an old chestnut that I'm trying to crack. Why would a software programme designed to allow you to run the listed projectors to run at native resolution list a projector for which is known that you can't run at native resolution is beyond me!

Dave

9. Dangerous

Dangerous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have read a very extensive post by Steve Orr from Ati which delves into this issue and many other hcpc issues but I'm not ready to dedicate my pc to my projector yet as I'm waiting for parts to enable me to build another. I just thought I would bring the Sony link to people’s attention so that others could try it. I'll post when I get some results but it maybe a few weeks yet.

Dave

10. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Dave, you're right, its a lot of pratting about to change and change back just to try it, but certainly the resolution will not be offered until you have selected the projector as your display/monitor, and clicked 'apply', maybe not till you have restarted, then you will know if it works. Windows is even vaguer than Sony! Martin

11. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    This is not a driver or powerstrip issue, as far as I know you can run the Sanyo PLV60 and the Sony 11HT at native resolution, just not this projector. I don't believe any PC software could fix this, you would at the very least need new firmware. The 10HT is now an old model, Sony have no intention of fixing this.

Jeff