Nationwide delivery - my foot

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by chemphysics, Apr 29, 2007.

1. chemphysics

chemphysics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I am looking into plasma TVs and am having some trouble because I am in belfast. I am getting increasingly irritated by the online companies which are forever putting headlines about 'nationwide delivery', 'free UK delivery' or something similar and then saying 'does not apply to Northern Ireland. For Christ sakes, like it or not, Northern Ireland is part of the nation. If a company does not deliver to NI then it is not offering a nationwide service - they are telling outright lies and wasting people's time by advertising otherwise!

Perhaps though someone might help - are there any good online retailers who actually do deliver to Northern Ireland?!

2. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I sympathise, hope you feel a little better now. :)

3. secretsquirrels

secretsquirrels
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Some people dont even know where NI is m8.

I once phoned up ed and said I was from Aberdeen to which a Yorkshire guy asked how far out of Glasgow city centre are you are? "oh not far mate only 146 miles" I said, to which he said so you live besides Edinburgh then?...lol

On the plus side if you think a retailer/online trader is not being straight with you call them up, tell them that unless they deliver your ordered goods free of charge as stated on your website you will make a formal complaint to the http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/

Or

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/

Best regards.

SST

4. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    Feeling better now chem, after yer wee ranting and raving episode? :D
    Hacks me off too at times, but you're always best to check their delivery link (if they have one), which should say whether they charge any additional ££ for us lot.
    Apparently that boat trip costs a bundle - even Parcelforce now charge us more (and God knows how long that's been going on for!) as recently found out when I bought a car seat for taking my nephew out.

5. chemphysics

chemphysics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    A good rant always helps!

I am guessing from the responses that nobody has any good retailers to use?

6. dowzer

dowzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +252
    Hi mate - know exactly how you feel!!:mad:

Have spent the last 4 months changing my mind on screen,amp,speakers,projector etc and it doesnt help that retailers will offer free delivery from ,say, London to Glasgow but then ask an extra £50 to post to Northern Mongolia!!! What gets me is that if it costs them eg £20 on a £900 order then they are actually looking for £70 to post to here!:thumbsdow ( not blaming the retailer as I have seen local tv shows posting the same item from Belfast to London and then back again with the same courier and it was far more expensive to post from London than to London :eek: ).

I am close to ordering a Panasonic 42PX70PED from John Lewis because when I go thru to the checkout and put my postcode in it recognises me as in NI and still says free delivery so I hope we should be ok from JL. I am also considering Dixons who dont charge to deliver here( but know that they are poor if you have problems with your purchase). Dabs are quite reasonable for delivery to here (£28 for a plasma + I have a £50 off voucher so could get a PX70PED delivered for £928 + could go thru quidco for an extra 3%).

Peter Tyson doesnt seem to charge extra for a lot of their items ( just added a Pioneer 4270 to my basket and delivery to NI is 0).

Also got a quote for a speaker system from beyondtelevision.co.uk and they didnt ask for extra to here ( just the same £20 as every where else). Empire Direct asked for £50 for a 42" plasma - Creative Audio wanted £50 for a receiver and speaker bundle - Av Sales wanted £30 for a receiver etc etc.

Guess it depends on what you are looking for......

Neill