National Trust Offer - Is This The Best Deal I Can Get?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by happyhomer, Sep 5, 2007.

1. happyhomer

happyhomer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Having just joined the National Trust, I was reminded of their Sky HD Deal (£199 + £60 Install without Multiroom). I wondered if this is the cheapest way for me to get Sky HD at the moment. I've currently got standard Sky Digital (since March this year), and have no need for Multiroom. This looks to be the best deal I can find, but does anybody know of any others?

Many Thanks!

2. geoyou

geoyou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I got it for £199 + £30 install just by phoning their normal number....only about 3 weeks ago.

3. gastroboy

gastroboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    yeah, its £199 + £30 install now.

4. happyhomer

happyhomer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82

Was that as a new customer, or were you an existing Sky subscriber?

5. cobue

cobue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Which number did you call, sales or customer services?

6. broudie

broudie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 'standard' offer from sky depends on how long you've been with them. Over 6 years, and you'll get it for £199 + £30 installation, it's then tiered for people who've been with them for less time (details are on the Sky site). If you've not been a sky customer that long then the National Trust offer looks good to me!

7. geoyou

geoyou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I was a completely new customer (£199+£30install). Just had to get away from the pathetic Virgin Media.

8. guisboro

guisboro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been with sky for years and so qualified for the £100 off the Sky HD box. Rather than ring Sky up and get some random installation guys, I rang the local company who normally do any work for me, and they matched the price of the HD box, and are doing the installation for £50. So although I'm paying £20 extra, I'm happy with that.

9. simonoaks

simonoaks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    I have been with sky for over 10 years, have sky+ for six or so, multiroom, full package, the works. Anyone know if, or who I can call and get a good deal on an upgrade to HD. Website quotes 199 pounds plus 30 install. Must be able to do better than this as such a big spender on their services ?

Also, has anyone used the threat to cancel a package etc, to get a better deal ?

For example, I think the new Sky Movies format is rubbish, and want to cancel it, is there someone I could call to say I want HD for XXX if they so no, I can then say in that case, cancel movies package. They might then do a deal, if not, I cancel something I want to get rid of anyway.

Any thoughts ?

10. phlooke

phlooke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23

This is the best bargaining tool.....stand firm and ask them to better the "offer" (imaginary or not) that Virgin have already made.

Might get real lucky with a £149 deal.

GL:rolleyes:

11. geoyou

geoyou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Wish i had been that underhand..:devil: ....didnt need to, Sky were initially firm at a total of £329. I said however that would just hang on for a new promotion as I had just missed out on the £149 offer...Bloke went to his supervisor then 5 mins later the deal was sealed. Mind you I was taking the full sports and movie package.

You have to remember that this is not a £199+£30 deal to them, they see you as a cash cow (so to speak) and getting you to part with around £55 per month gives them a revenue of £660 + the install etc so you are talking a £889 purchase here based on my "deal".

The way that VM are haemorrhaging customers ... and seemingly not giving a hoot, cos they offered me zip to stay after 10 years with them (TV, BB and Phone), then I think presenting a case for VM to sky may be met with incredulity...i wonder what the real figures are from sky of vm customers who have moved to them recently.

12. smcicr

smcicr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    It's also worth having a look at quidco (google for it as i'm not sure on the policy on links here) but it's a referral site and if you join sky as a new customer through them you can get £110 back - granted it's only slightly better than the NT offer but it's still a tenner ;)

13. gers1978

gers1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173