National Lampoon's Animal House 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the review - loved this in my college days, but not watched it for years, but wondered if it had dated badly. Some scenes today still crack me up when thinking about them, like the horse, the ladder scene, toga party and some of the dialogue.

I still have the HDDVD, but now I'm thinking I might upgrade for a decent price. One for the kids to watch in a few years as well.

Evinger

Distinguished Member
I still have the HDDVD, but now I'm thinking I might upgrade for a decent price. One for the kids to watch in a few years as well.
Make sure they don't see it before they go to college; might give them some ideas!

muljao

Do you like this movie Simon 😜😜

Coulson

Distinguished Member
Misogynist?
Now I definitely want to see it :clown:

Cliff

Distinguished Member
Along with the Blues Brothers, this was a movie that we could quote lines from. Played the VHS tape endlessly with friends.
I like your comment about siding with the dean as you get older!

Coulson

Distinguished Member
Along with the Blues Brothers, this was a movie that we could quote lines from. Played the VHS tape endlessly with friends.
I like your comment about siding with the dean as you get older!
BB was my favorite movie as a kid. Then I watched it as a young adult and thought it was childish. Now I'm kind of in-between but it's been a while. I don't think I have ever watched Animal House.

mikeybabes2

Distinguished Member
I don’t want to see this movie ever again. I haven’t seen it in years.

When I did see it back in the day, I absolutely adored it, and my years as a student in the late 80’s in London mirrored the wild parties, chasing girls, and general slight lawlessness and high levels of having a good time, though not to the same degree (but pretty close at times).

(I remember a pretty debauched rugby trip to Rheims in particular....)

In the same way that you should never meet your heroes, I don’t want to see this movie again. I‘ll remember it as it was, and in its place in time, where I can look back on it with fondness, and even with a tear in my eye for those memories - just as life takes me farther and farther from those glorious years....

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member

james03

Not watched since I was a teenager but like the reviewer I saw it countless times.
Not sure either I’ll revisit it as I can still remember most of the movie. Probably wouldn’t get made today but for drastic editing to many of the scenes. Thinking the little devil who pops up on the shoulder of one of the students when he’s alone with the comatose girl.

Jessica Noir

Possibly my favourite comedy of all time. Perfectly cast, a subtle political edge and some of the finest comedic editing and timing ever committed to film. Still find myself quoting it frequently. Crazy that given the content of the film, the most controversial aspect for a younger audience might be John Landis given that his kid seems to have taken the film's use of women as sex objects way too far.

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom